Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any help is appreciated  (Read 2747 times)

Offline gnmatn

Any help is appreciated
« on: March 17, 2017, 08:19:47 AM »
I just bought a new-to-me nitefly radial series guitar, but cannot figure out how the piazo system works.  It has a battery and when it is disconnected, the SD pickups work the same as they do with it.  It has a volume knob, a tone knob, a larger 3 position switch for selecting the pickup configuration, 2 micro toggle switches to split each of the pickups to single coil.  the serial number doesn't make sense to me either.... P2010052421.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Re: Any help is appreciated

Offline Piplodocus

• Well Parkers are a better addiction than skag...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:10:23 AM »
Sounds kinda like it's been customised to me. They don't normally have 2 mini toggles AFAIK. Got a picture?
2004 Fly Mojo Flame (TTBB), 2014 Fly Mojo Flame (TBB), 2001 Customized Midifly (w/Tripleplay), 2001 HSS Swamp Ash Nitefly SA (NFVSA/SB), 2000 Mahogany Nitefly (NFVM/TR), 2007 Southern Nitefly (BS), mostly all modded, Bareknuckle pickups, and also a "needs work" shagged 97 Maple Nitefly...

Offline gnmatn

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 02:21:21 PM »

Offline gnmatn

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 02:24:54 PM »

Offline escape from gorilla city

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »
That looks like someone stuck an import neck on a Nitefly body.

Offline billy

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 11:22:07 AM »
Yeah, might be a factory custom job or proto?  Doesn't look hacked together.  (When I was discussing a custom DF carbon, doing a bolt on seemed very appealing to the factory.)
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 12:57:44 PM »
I recall that some (original) NiteFly owners needed replacement carbon-wrapped necks for whatever reason, but they are not easy to find. Maybe one of them settled for whatever neck he could get. (And he was not averse to customizing things, as we can see.)

This is how a stock NiteFly-M or Mojo would look:

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php?topic=7295.0

They disappeared from the catalogs after 2009.

'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline jb63

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 01:20:52 PM »
here's another:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Parker-Guitars/NITEFLY-RADIAL-SERIES-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

Maybe this is a newer import idea from the last year or so. How would we read that serial #?
Can you get a picture in the cavity of the wiring and lets see what the battery connects to?

Offline gnmatn

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 02:42:38 PM »
The link on guitar Center is actually the one I bought.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 08:34:56 PM »
The link on guitar Center is actually the one I bought.

Odd that it still says IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP. I called the store and confirmed that it was sold.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 12:05:30 AM »
I believe this is a case of guitar center being misinformed. Radial series guitars had carved bodies, and that neck has no made in USA stamp. I don't think you'd need to do any visible hacking to mate these parts: I have a radial nitefly body mated to a nitefly neck.

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »
That neck has a serial number and tuners that look very much like the PDF60 mentioned in this thread:
http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php?topic=15782.0

Offline gnmatn

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 07:26:04 AM »
The guitar sounds great, and plays great... other than there is no acoustic system installed.  There are some solder points that have no wiring, like something had been there, and the battery goes to nothing. There are no leads, only holes where wires used to run.  I have no problems with the quality of the construction, but feel like it was mis represented to me. 

So now my question is this, should I keep the guitar, or return it and get my money back.  It also came with an anvil case.  I traded an American made fender Princeton chorus -solid state, not tube, and a line 6 hd500 pedalboard in an anvil case for the guitar, plus paid $105.00. 

Or is it worth buying the acoustic bridge, and electronics and replacing the neck?

Suggestions?

Offline gnmatn

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 07:33:08 AM »
So I am looking at the link that JB63 posted of my guitar at the guitar center, and there is a line at the bottom that says it is an American body with a Parker serialized replacement neck.  Had I not seen that post, I would not have known.  There is no documentation of that on the paperwork I have or was that ever disclosed to me. 

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 10:38:07 AM »
Graph tech ghost or Fishman piezo aren't too expensive.