Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Family Addition  (Read 387 times)

Offline mmmmgtr

• http://www.righthandred.com

Re: New Family Addition

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 12:07:16 PM »
Man what a beauty!
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!

Offline jb63

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:56:28 PM »
Thats a pretty one! Don't forget to let us know how it behaves, it was listed as a prototype, so maybe there's some unusual or fun wiring.

Offline mmmmgtr

• http://www.righthandred.com
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 03:08:15 PM »
So, it's a GREAT guitar. I'm very happy.

I'm not sure why it is a prototype. I appears to be a DF824 with the GK-KIT installed. I'm not sure if they offered the GK-KIT as a production model. Maybe that is why it was being called a prototype? I do remember seeing another one pretty much the same in a sunburst color.

The previous owner swapped out the SD pickups and put in Dimarzios and they sound great! I'm really impressed with the tones available from this guitar. The previous owner did not wire the push/pull switch, so it is inactive. I'm trying to think of what I could use it for, but I'm very happy with the tones as-is.

I did have to rewire the GK-KIT. Their default installation at Parker omits the guitar signal from going down pin 7 of the 13 pin cable. That was a problem for me. Easy fix and now it works like a charm. I remember talking with Parker tech support back a few years ago and they had mentioned some issues with crosstalk between the Powerchip and the GK-KIT as the reason they omitted the pin 7 connection. I've never had a problem. It does get tricky since the Parker is already a stereo guitar and has the autosensing Powerchip. This makes the battery connection a bit tricky, but I have a few different ways around that.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier. It was a little bit pricey, but I feel I got an overall good deal. I did pay less than the asking price so I felt good about that. I'm just spoiled because I've been fortunate to get a lot of great deals on my Parkers.

If you'd like to know anything else, just let me know...