Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Serial Numbers Beginning in P (after 2003)  (Read 1240 times)

Offline timchanzee

Serial Numbers Beginning in P (after 2003)
« on: May 04, 2017, 08:33:24 AM »
The Parker site has information on how to decode Flys made before 2003. How do we read the serial numbers of guitars made after 2003, specifically beginning with 'P'? Also, if you could provide me the source of your answer I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Serial Numbers Beginning in P (after 2003)

Offline timchanzee

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 11:24:41 PM »
I found the answer to my question and decided to leave it here for posterity. After 2003 Parker started using a 7 digit serial number that begins with a P and is read: 2 digit year - 2 digit month - 3 digit production number.

For example, a guitar with the serial number P0611124 is the 124th guitar made in November of 2006.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 11:44:53 PM »
I found the answer to my question and decided to leave it here for posterity. After 2003 Parker started using a 7 digit serial number that begins with a P and is read: 2 digit year - 2 digit month - 3 digit production number.

Not necessarily. Look here:

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,7128.msg68163.html#msg68163

You asked for a source in your first post; what was your source?
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline timchanzee

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 10:01:19 PM »
actually your link verifies what I said. According to your link it says:

AFTER 2006: Flys changed to a P followed by a seven digit code. The first two digits are the year, the next two are the number of the month, the next two are the number of the day it was completed, and the last number is that days production number.

I was asking about how to read the serial numbers that start with a P (see the title of the post). Your link shows how to read them, and it is the same as what I said:

2 digit year - 2 digit month - 3 digit production number

And my source is US Music Corp. I emailed them directly and asked them.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 12:54:23 AM »
actually your link verifies what I said. According to your link it says:

AFTER 2006: Flys changed to a P followed by a seven digit code. The first two digits are the year, the next two are the number of the month, the next two are the number of the day it was completed, and the last number is that days production number.

Look at what you posted in your own message. You said "after 2003 Parker started using a 7 digit serial number that begins with a P and is read: 2 digit year - 2 digit month - 3 digit production number."

You did not say after 2006.

The link I pointed out says some different things happened between 2003 and 2006:

"2003 - 2006: Both 6 & 7 digit numbers were reportedly used. The first three digits are the day of the year, the next two are the number in that days production, and the last digit (or two digits) designate the year. Any doubts regarding the year of manufacture during this period can be cured by a quick examination of the control layout. If it is a "Refined Fly" (see above) it is 2003 or later."

And my source is US Music Corp. I emailed them directly and asked them.

That's not necessarily a reliable source because there have been people at US Music Corp. answering emails who are not well informed about the immediate post-Parker-era.

Much information is lost or distorted over the years, so reliability is always in question.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline timchanzee

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »
I'm not gonna argue with you but the focus of my question was how to read serial numbers starting with a P. According to your site:

AFTER 2006: Flys changed to a P followed by a seven digit code.

This seems to indicate that they didn't produce Flys with serial numbers starting with P between 2003-2006.... So any "guitars made after 2003, specifically beginning with 'P'" (as I said in my original post) would have been necessarily produced after 2006 and would be using the coding method that I heard from US Music Corp and that you verified on your website.

Anyways, this has got to be the dumbest argument I've seen or been involved with on the internet so I'm done here.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 12:43:35 PM »
I'm not gonna argue with you but the focus of my question was how to read serial numbers starting with a P. According to your site:

AFTER 2006: Flys changed to a P followed by a seven digit code.

This seems to indicate that they didn't produce Flys with serial numbers starting with P between 2003-2006.... So any "guitars made after 2003, specifically beginning with 'P'" (as I said in my original post) would have been necessarily produced after 2006 and would be using the coding method that I heard from US Music Corp and that you verified on your website.

I did not respond to your original post. I responded to your second post, in which you stated something different and misleading.

Anyways, this has got to be the dumbest argument I've seen or been involved with on the internet so I'm done here.

It's unfortunate that you think this is an argument. You said it's supposed be a source of correct and reliable information 'for posterity'. That is the reason why I contributed.