Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Check out this "Fly Deluxe"  (Read 1431 times)

Offline steelprostate

Check out this "Fly Deluxe"
« on: May 08, 2017, 03:34:28 AM »
I haven't been on here in awhile, but I came across this and figured it was worth sharing.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Parker-Guitars/Fly-Deluxe-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-113072820.gc

I'm not too well versed in all of the different Parker models other than the Fly, but I definitely know this is no Deluxe. It looks like a P series with upgraded pickups to me, but I don't think I've seen that layout of the controls on a P series before. Interesting...

Re: Check out this "Fly Deluxe"

Offline resettheconsole

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
Nitefly Mojo

It's actually a P series, the bridge is the giveaway.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:25:19 PM by resettheconsole »

Offline sania

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:23:26 PM »
Cool one! What do you think about the price? Is it medium, high?
To want to, is to be able to.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 06:32:22 PM »
Someone changed the description at some point. Even though the link has 'deluxe' in it, the description now says P44 Pro - which is probably still wrong because it does look like a NiteFly Mojo based on the pickups.

It also seems to be hanging from the hook in a modified non-standard way, which suggests it's got the old-style headstock, which again suggests it's a NiteFly Mojo.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 08:59:36 AM »
Someone changed the description at some point. Even though the link has 'deluxe' in it, the description now says P44 Pro - which is probably still wrong because it does look like a NiteFly Mojo based on the pickups.

It also seems to be hanging from the hook in a modified non-standard way, which suggests it's got the old-style headstock, which again suggests it's a NiteFly Mojo.

I also say Nitefly Mojo. If so, $599.99 is a good price for it.

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 09:24:37 AM »
Great price considering the hang tag says $1499

Offline ylph

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 10:06:48 AM »
I don't think this is a NiteFly Mojo - the logo on the headstock looks like a P44 logo (not P44 Pro either, just P44) - the bridge looks like a Wilkinson bridge (the NiteFly Mojo had a Parker bridge ?) and the control layout looks more like the second gen P44 than a NiteFly Mojo.

My guess is it's a P44 with pickups swapped for Seymour Duncans.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 10:28:57 AM »

I think you called it. The photo was too crappy for me to be sure about the bridge or some other details, and the pickups fooled me; but I forgot to check the control layout, which is a clear giveaway.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 04:43:12 PM »

I think you called it. The photo was too crappy for me to be sure about the bridge or some other details, and the pickups fooled me; but I forgot to check the control layout, which is a clear giveaway.

Doh. I looked at a picture of my Mojo Nitefly and the controls are similar, but mirrored compared to the picture in that ad. Oh well, I guess I'm not a Parker expert anymore.