Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I'm looking for the last Seymour Duncan pickups for a Fly MOjo.  (Read 164 times)

Offline alber.t

Hello everyone. I'm Albert from spain and I've always been a Parker user. I currently have 5 Parkers Fly.  I'm looking for the last  Seymour Duncan pickups made for Parker Guitars. These pickups were completely black and they have screws. I believe they were launched in 2014. I would like to buy some. I would be very grateful. Thank you for your help.

Re: I'm looking for the last Seymour Duncan pickups for a Fly MOjo.

Offline alber.t

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 03:20:32 AM »
???

Offline jb63

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:35:13 AM »
If you are willing to spend the $, contact Seymour Duncan directly and they can send you what you need. They're a great company and will even custom wind you what you want if they don't have it. I think they still offer them on their website.

Offline alber.t

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 08:47:04 AM »
I've written to Seymour Duncan but I still have not received a response. I hope I can get some. Thank you very much for the reply.

Offline billy

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »
Hola Albert-

Do you have any of these pups in your guitars?  If so, there should be a label on the back that you can use to ID them.

AFIK, the duncans in the bridge were either JB (TB4) or custom custom (TB 11).  I think jazz (sh-2) in bridge.

If the pickups you're looking for have those numbers, (or similar) you can just buy them off the shelf.  If you need to mount without the ears, they can be modified pretty easily.

I think Parker had unbranded duncans in the pdf models that were made in china for lower cost and an easier supply chain.  Again, I'm pretty sure they were based on the jb or custom custom, just made in china and no seymour duncan markings.  I thought they sounded great, especially for an import guitar.

I don't recall seeing unbranded duncans in the high end flys, but also didn't pay much attention.

If all else fails, here's the custom shop #  (805) 964-9610 (Mon-Fri, 7am-5pm) dial 2, then 4

They are very nice in my experience and should be able to connect you with the person who has the info you want.  I believe the legendary Ms. Duncan speaks spanish too, so you might even get to talk to her directly.

Don't be so mysterious about your 5 flys either! 
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline alber.t

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »
Hello Billy. Thank you very much for your help. You always help all the questions of the users. I've been reading your post on this page for many years and have always helped me. Really thank you. It's a pleasure to have fellow Parkers like you. I hope the PArker brand will be reborn again.

I don't have the pikups I'm looking for. My guitar Mojo has the ones that came from factory. I wanted to replace the old pickups with the new Seymour Duncans but it's hard to find it. I wrote to Parker's factory and they told me they sold all their stuff. It was very sad when I read this. I really love these guitars. I could not play a different guitar. I'm looking for the new Seymour duncans like the ones I have put on the link. They carried the Seymour Duncan logo written in black. Last year's parkers had them installed. I hope I can find them. I also asked for help from my great friend Mike Gallenberger, and he had some. If I see anything working I will call Mrs. Duncan and pray that we can speak Spanish. I can speak English in a normal conversation helping me with gestures, but over the phone it is more difficult. I'll tell you, to see if I'm lucky.

http://www.guitarsite.com/news/gear/parker-guitars-update-seymour-duncan-pickups/

On the other hand, I know there are others post of this topic and managed to read something but I have doubts. PArker fly mojo uses an F pill on the neck and trembucker on the bridge, right? It is possible to use some dimarzio, I am very fan of the Transition pads of Steve Lukather. My favorite guitar is a parker fly supreme of the 2000 color sunburst signed by the great Steve Lukather.

Albert

Offline billy

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 08:56:59 AM »
Hola Albert-

thank you for your kind words.  I  have made a bunch of mistakes and usually learn from them by the third or fourth time, so I try to share and save someone else a little effort.   :o

the link is super helpful.  If you email it to them, they will probably have a much easier time understanding what you want.  I like the idea of the double row of black screws too, please keep us posted.

Also, when I said "Ms. Duncan," it was a little bit of a joke that may not translate very well.  I was referring to Maricela Juarez, she's a bit famous for "magic" duncan pickups.  (I don't think she's married to Seymour though and regret any misunderstanding. She IS key to some of his success regardless. )  At any rate, if you do get to talk to her, be sure to tell her she has many fans of her work! 

I doubt many of these made it into guitars, you might be very lucky in that they have some parts sitting around and they can get you what you need.  (I'd love to have a '59 and a custom 5 like this.)

AFIK Parker used TB spacing (TremBucker or "F") in the bridge and SH spacing in the neck positions pretty consistently.

Nothing against DiMarzios on my end, but there is something I prefer about duncans that I can't articulate.  Have not had a chance to hear or try the Transitions, but Lukather is a great player.

If you do need to get the ears off a pickup, its actually pretty easy to do.  Let me know and I'll post more details.

Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »
I have a bridge pick up I was going to put on ebay soon, the Seymour Duncan from a mojo body.
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!

Offline alber.t

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 03:13:50 PM »
Hello ZemanG2, I sent you a P: M

Offline alber.t

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 03:20:47 PM »
Hola Albert-

thank you for your kind words.  I  have made a bunch of mistakes and usually learn from them by the third or fourth time, so I try to share and save someone else a little effort.   :o

the link is super helpful.  If you email it to them, they will probably have a much easier time understanding what you want.  I like the idea of the double row of black screws too, please keep us posted.

Also, when I said "Ms. Duncan," it was a little bit of a joke that may not translate very well.  I was referring to Maricela Juarez, she's a bit famous for "magic" duncan pickups.  (I don't think she's married to Seymour though and regret any misunderstanding. She IS key to some of his success regardless. )  At any rate, if you do get to talk to her, be sure to tell her she has many fans of her work! 

I doubt many of these made it into guitars, you might be very lucky in that they have some parts sitting around and they can get you what you need.  (I'd love to have a '59 and a custom 5 like this.)

AFIK Parker used TB spacing (TremBucker or "F") in the bridge and SH spacing in the neck positions pretty consistently.

Nothing against DiMarzios on my end, but there is something I prefer about duncans that I can't articulate.  Have not had a chance to hear or try the Transitions, but Lukather is a great player.

If you do need to get the ears off a pickup, its actually pretty easy to do.  Let me know and I'll post more details.

Hello Billy, thanks again for your help. Thanks to you I have learned how these magic guitars work.  If I do not get pickups, I'll call Maricela Juarez. If we can speak Spanish it would be great. I love the Seymour Duncan pickups but also the DiMarzio pickups. I have a personal question. What is your favorite Parker? Your opinion will be very important because you're a big expert.

Best regards my friend.

Offline Mr303

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 04:29:51 PM »
I'm chiming in with my favorite Parker if you don't mind Alber.t, it's the one I have in my hand at the time!

They all are great guitars, my personal favorite for now is the '94 hardtail I just bought a month or so ago. Light with excellent sustain and a richer tone than my '97 Deluxe.

Also, my favorite beer is the one I have in my hand and that goes for wine, liquor and women too... 8)
It's Friday! Time to go find all the above?.....
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded

Offline billy

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 05:09:36 PM »
hola Albert-

Good luck on your friday eve, mr303!   ;D

I'm extremely happy if I've been able to help anyone get more enjoyment from their guitars in even the smallest ways, so thank you so much.

As for my favorite fly so far, it would be one that I got to try when I lived in Chicago and visited the factory in early 2011 to talk about a custom order I wanted to make. 

They had a DF model called the "virtuoso" that was all spruce- I didn't like the gold hardware on it, or the brownish colored burst, but it was such an amazing guitar. I didn't get to plug in. Even unplugged though, every note just seemed to spring forth and ring out.  Terry referred to it as being a "lawyer guitar," since the quilted top, gold, etc really made it a show piece.  ;)

I was a little worried that it might be too much with distortion.

The closest thing I've seen to a similar configuration that I'd want is Nef's Toxic custom DF.  The color is awesome but I'd pick something a bit different for myself.  He did some sound clips and my worries about all spruce being too much were unfounded- it sounds great through his mesa!  The clips are linked here somewhere, but it was a while back so hopefully not broken.

I also wanted to have a tune-o-matic bridge with no tailpiece on mine. (This was a bit of a problem since the neck angle is flat on a parker fly, but I suggested that a TOM could be recessed.) 

And I wanted a 24.75'" scale length.  They said they couldn't do this though, (even for Jennifer Batten who also wanted one like that), unless you could also pay for the fixtures needed to mount the frets and all the cnc programming. 

Unfortunately, the money I'd saved at the time to get my custom went for home and auto repairs when I moved to pittsburgh later that year.

But I did buy Patzag's 2010 white DF last year, which is alder with basswood neck and very similar (except the wood and the TOM I wanted).  It's a little warmer sounding than my 98 deluxe, which I'm thinking of selling simply because I don't play it as much.

As for a parker with a TOM, I think I was the inspiration for the PDF-30 and 35.  And not sure if you saw my post about the factory reject mojo shell I've been reworking to mount a TOM.  (I forget the title but something about madness in it, posted sometime around november).  I should be able to move that project forward soon.  I also have a factory rejected artist shell that I haven't decided if I will mod for the TOM or not yet.

So, my absolute favorite parker fly doesn't exist yet!  :)  But it would be all spruce, tune-o-matic bridge, df body style (it's a little more comfortable for me but I don't mind the original fly body either), humbucker in the neck (jazz) and bridge (custom5), single coil in the middle, with a CF back.  Color tbd.  In my dream world, it would also be 24 frets with 24.75" scale.

But really, I haven't yet played a fly I didn't like.  I like the subtle growl of mahogany mojos, I like the even brightness of the poplar deluxe, the supremes look gorgeous and also bright sounding, the artists sound lovely and are very light, the stealth is probably the lightest and also has a hardtail. 

Great question, hope others chime in too! 

Have a great weekend mi amigo.
Billy

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
My dearly departed 1998 root beer classic. I wasn't much for the color, but got the guitar at a steal. Sadly there was a grounding problem, and I was living in Japan, and it wasn't worth th money to fix it. I need up selling it. That would have been my favorite guitar. Right now it is my Singlecut Mojo, even though I don't play it as much anymore, because I need to finally change pick ups and wiring. It's a prototype so it is different all around. 8.6lbs! The cutout on the neck is different, the tonepros in actually recessed in the top at a very crazy angle. Beautiful one piece flame top. I just roars! But I'm not much a lead rock guy, so the SC in the rhythm section sometimes is too much :)
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!