Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Every Fly is a Deluxe !  (Read 1268 times)

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
Every Fly is a Deluxe !
« on: May 19, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »
Or that's what sellers on Ebay and Reverb think ! 
Why do sellers lists their Artists, Classics, etc. as a "Deluxe"?  Because they don't know any better?  They are trying to pull a fast one on uninformed buyers?  I doubt it that, because if that were the case they would list it as "Artist" , "Custom" , "Bronze", "Jazz" or some other more expensive model, but instead they go for the least expensive model.  I'm perplexed.
Here's one that was originally listed as a Deluxe, not Classic:

I told the seller they should change the listing, It's pretty obvious what it is when it says "Classic" on the head stock. The seller changed it from "Deluxe" to a "Classic Deluxe".  Ok, I give up. 

My theory is that "Deluxe" just sounds better, more special, top-of-the-line.   I have to admit that for years I felt like my Fly was somehow inferior because it was a "Classic" instead of a "Deluxe", until I found out exactly what it meant. 
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail
05' Fly Bronze, Maple Cognac Finish

Re: Every Fly is a Deluxe !

Offline Mr303

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 04:17:41 PM »
They sell only deluxe models so those in the know can get a deal now and then, is my theory, that and simple laziness.

Taxguydave one time told guitar center they had a Fly mojo they listed as a Nitefly!
It sold for a fraction of a mojo at the time. They didn't even care.
I had just bought my Gold deluxe or it would have been mine.

It definitely pays to have some idea of models and variants when dealing on a Parker.
I have Parker catalogs on my iPad for just such occasions.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:19:53 PM by Mr303 »
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »
Likewise, you can go online almost any day and find someone selling a 'Parker Fly' that is not a Fly at all.

The world is full of misinformation.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline billy

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 05:11:38 PM »
I love the p  or pdf listings that read "parker fly deluxe" and are priced as if they were too.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline Big Swifty

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 03:08:08 AM »
Been a looooong time since i looked a Parker catalogue, so had a quick gander at the 2015 catalogue and on page 19...a fretless production model Maxx Fly!

The very catchily named DFAB842ASFL

An Adrian Belew sig series.

Never knew, anyone ever seen one of these things out there in the wild?

B.S.
94 Fly Deluxe
2010 DF 524
The system can't get you in your dreams.

Offline Mr303

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 06:31:39 AM »
Been a looooong time since i looked a Parker catalogue, so had a quick gander at the 2015 catalogue and on page 19...a fretless production model Maxx Fly!

The very catchily named DFAB842ASFL

An Adrian Belew sig series.

Never knew, anyone ever seen one of these things out there in the wild?

B.S.
No but I have seen/heard Belew play his.....one reason I looked for a PDF because I couldn't afford a Fly.
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain