Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker MaxxFly 7 String DPDT Switch Wiring Help?  (Read 523 times)

Offline joedreamliner787

Parker MaxxFly 7 String DPDT Switch Wiring Help?
« on: June 29, 2017, 10:31:52 PM »
Hello,
      I have a Parker DragonFly 7 String. I am changing out the toggle switches because the stock ones constantly cut out. I ordered heavy duty DPDT switches. For the Mag I have a On/On/On and for the Piezo it's On/Off/On. I can't seem to figure out how to wire it so the acoustiphonic works properly. I have attached a diagram and I placed in red where the switches are. If you could just draw where the wires would need to go in paint or draw it in, it would be extremely helpful! Thank You!

Re: Parker MaxxFly 7 String DPDT Switch Wiring Help?

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 03:46:48 AM »
Can I ask, why change the piezo to on,off,on? Why not keep it as it was as a on,on,on?

Agree the original switches are rubbish, but if you modify them by bending the sides of the switch contacts you may find them slightly more reliable. You need to take them out to do this.

Can't help you with your drawing but if you get your multi-meter out and test the various switch combinations, you'll be able to work out the DPDT logic and understand which contact points are on and which are not, for each switch position. Compare this to the original switch combinations to work out which wires should be connected to each position.
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 09:43:34 PM »
The on off on is easy just leave one side open. X1,X3,X5 then x2 is mag x4 ground x6 piezo
X1. X2
X3. X4
X5. X6

I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!