Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Output jack for DF824  (Read 147 times)

Offline fretnoise

• http://esleronline.com
Output jack for DF824
« on: July 01, 2017, 12:57:22 AM »
Hello everyone, I don't visit here often but I bought a DF824 prototype back in 2009 which I love.  But I think the output jack has gone bad, I get just a very faint signal from the magnetics and nothing from the piezo.  Anyone know where I can find a replacement jack?  Or, does it sound like it could be some other malady?

Thanks,
Jon

Re: Output jack for DF824

Offline billy

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 01:15:00 PM »
My thinking is that both outputs to fail at the same time probably isn't a jack issue as much as something internal.

Check the battery first. Try two just in case. Try a different cord and amp setup too, make sure there's nothing in the chain that is causing your issue. What happens with a standard cord, do you get a blended signal?

Open the cover and check for any loose or broken wires. Was anything loose and recently tightened? Check those things especially closely.

Next is the switch, can you get it to work at all by manipulating the switch a bit differently, i.e. A little side pressure, faster, slower, etc. - is there any change in output when you do these things? Crackles?

Similar approach with volume and tone knobs.

And then the jack. Does it change if you partially insert the jack? Different cable?

A multimeter is your best bet to check all these but from your message I'm assuming you don't have one.

My guess is a bad ground, then a bad switch, then the jack, then the preamp board.

The main Parker site has instructions for the jack under the support menu. Also a few other posts here for where to buy.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 10:47:20 PM »
My guess is a bad ground, then a bad switch, then the jack, then the preamp board.

I've had all these fail on one guitar, except the grounding. Switch and jack are usually repairable, the pre-amp would likely have to be replaced. Good luck!
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline fretnoise

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 01:18:12 PM »
My thinking is that both outputs to fail at the same time probably isn't a jack issue as much as something internal.

Check the battery first. Try two just in case. Try a different cord and amp setup too, make sure there's nothing in the chain that is causing your issue. What happens with a standard cord, do you get a blended signal?

Open the cover and check for any loose or broken wires. Was anything loose and recently tightened? Check those things especially closely.

Next is the switch, can you get it to work at all by manipulating the switch a bit differently, i.e. A little side pressure, faster, slower, etc. - is there any change in output when you do these things? Crackles?

Similar approach with volume and tone knobs.

And then the jack. Does it change if you partially insert the jack? Different cable?

A multimeter is your best bet to check all these but from your message I'm assuming you don't have one.

The main Parker site has instructions for the jack under the support menu. Also a few other posts here for where to buy.

Thanks for the reply Billy, I've tried everything you've mentioned.  Actually I have a Luthier friend who looked it over for me and it was his conclusion that it's the jack but in his research he wasn't able to find one, so he left it up to me. 

I'll check the Parker site again.

Thanks,
Jon

Offline fretnoise

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »
Contacted USA Guitars and they said it's the Fishman Switchjack.  Third Coast Guitar confirmed it.  Hopefully this will fix it.  Post resolved.