Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WTB Parker Fly Mojo  (Read 772 times)

Offline Ghost

WTB Parker Fly Mojo
« on: September 04, 2017, 08:05:33 PM »
looking to buy a parker fly mojo, preferably a natural or tras-red finish but doesnt have to be. Also prefer old headstock design but would consider any.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:01:03 PM by Ghost »

Re: Looking for a Parker Fly Mojo, and help needed please!

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »
... I saw this auction on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/263085594429?chn=ps&dispItem=1

-Is this a Nitefly or a Fly?

It appears to be a Fly Mojo Quilt - pretty much what you say you're looking for if you like the color.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Ghost

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 10:38:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Very much appreciated.

What exactly are you looking at that identifies it as a Fly and not a Nitefly if I might ask? Just trying to learn the guitars. I know Niteflys have bolt-on necks??? but I can't see the back.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 01:39:07 AM »
The best way to start building up knowledge is to download the catalogs from the Parker site and study them:

http://www.parkerguitars.com/support/catalogs/

You'll see that there was an original NiteFly series introduced long ago ... and a much later but completely different guitar also named the NiteFly (an extremely lame move on the part of the company).

Any original NiteFly is almost impossible to confuse with a Fly for several reasons.

Although a 'new' NiteFly looks very much like a Fly on the surface, it will, to the best of my knowledge, always have that extra lip of natural wood on the treble side of the headstock. In addition, it will have rectangular plastic surrounds on the pickups instead of the fully recessed pickups found on a Fly.

Of course, the back of the guitar would be an instant indicator ... a Fly has a fully integrated and invisible neck/body joint while new and old NiteFlys all have bolt-on necks.

Even though the back of the instrument in your link is not shown, it has the old style hockey stick headstock and fully recessed pickups, so it has to be a real Fly.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Ghost

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »
Still looking if anyone is selling

Offline jipegonzo

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:42 AM »
Still looking if anyone is selling

mp sent !  ;)
jp

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
You'll see that there was an original NiteFly series introduced long ago ... and a much later but completely different guitar also named the NiteFly (an extremely lame move on the part of the company).

It is the bolt-on neck that makes it a “NiteFly”.  Also only has 22 frets, which is a shortcoming in my view,  but it does differentiate it from my other guitars, which is cool.

It is still an awesome guitar!
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Re: WTB Parker Fly Mojo

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 05:31:19 PM »

It is the bolt-on neck that makes it a “NiteFly”.  Also only has 22 frets, which is a shortcoming in my view,  but it does differentiate it from my other guitars, which is cool.

It is still an awesome guitar!

There are many other differences besides the bolt-on neck and the fret count; and yes, the original NiteFly is still an awesome guitar. The lame move was applying the same name to what is now a completely different guitar that's not like the original NiteFly. The new guitar should have had a new name as well. There will be inevitable confusion going forward.

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »
I meant the *new* one is awesome!  :D
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 07:16:40 PM »
I just wish they had called it something else.

Offline jarane

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 04:38:40 PM »
Hi,
If you're still looking, I just posted mine on Reverb.com:
https://reverb.com/item/9420399-parker-fly-mojo-2005-transparent-ruby-red
E.C.
'05 Fly Mojo