Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about tuners  (Read 643 times)

Offline bbgie1223

Question about tuners
« on: October 14, 2017, 12:25:35 PM »
I have a 1998 Nitefly NFV4.I need to replace one of the Sperzel tuners so I need to order one. Does anyone know the model of these tuners?

Re: Question about tuners

Offline Piplodocus

• Well Parkers are a better addiction than skag...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 01:39:26 PM »
Speak to Sperzel when you order them. They’re all the long type from what I understand. Don’t get the standard strat sets that have 2 long, 2 medium, and 2 short (to change the string angle over the nut to be steeper with the furthest ones) else you’ll find most are too short. They all want to be the same length.
2004 Fly Mojo Flame (TTBB), 2014 Fly Mojo Flame (TBB), 2001 Customized Midifly (w/Tripleplay), 2001 HSS Swamp Ash Nitefly SA (NFVSA/SB), 2000 Mahogany Nitefly (NFVM/TR), 2007 Southern Nitefly (BS), mostly all modded, Bareknuckle pickups, and also a "needs work" shagged 97 Maple Nitefly...

Offline bbgie1223

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 06:09:24 AM »
Nitefly is USA made.

Offline resettheconsole

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 11:47:11 AM »
Are you in the US? If so, jsut call Spertzel and talk with them. They've been very helpful for me in the past; have sent me small, otherwise unobtainable parts gratis.

If you're outside the US, you're probably going to have to buy them by the set. They're Sperzel Trim-Lok, non graduated, short post. Last i spoke with Sperzel, they seemed to think Parkers came with graduated tuners (shorter in length as they move away from the headstock. They did not, all posts should be the same length.

If you call them directly, they'll be able to provide you with either a replacement tuner or replacement parts to fix wehatever is wrong with yours.

http://www.sperzel.com/contact-sperzel-usa.php

Offline billy

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 03:36:16 PM »
Definitely call sperzel- they can help.

I would like to comment that early on the tuners were indeed staggered.  I am not sure but I believe they changed all of them to tall as part of the refinement.

If you look at the tuners on your guitar you should be able to see if they are staggered or not.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]