Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PHWP1 DiMarzio neck pickup needed  (Read 650 times)

Offline Misterpetey

PHWP1 DiMarzio neck pickup needed
« on: November 03, 2017, 07:24:19 AM »
I have been told by the U.K. distributor that they cannot get this pickup anymore, I have mailed DMarzio direct in the US but they are no help at all. Can anyone point me in the direction of a US dealer who might hip one to the U.K. for me?

Re: PHWP1 DiMarzio neck pickup needed

Offline marcwormjim

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 07:49:03 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DiMarzio-FLY-PHWP1-Neck-PHWP2-Bridge-Set-for-the-Original-Parker-Fly-Guitars/401381908445?epid=1553296760&hash=item5d7439dfdd:g:lw8AAMXQAx9RUdSP

All I can suggest is to message this seller or wiguitar.

The last communication I had with Dimarzio wasn’t very helpful, either - It was only after many email exchanges that the “tech” was even willing to admit that the company was still willing to wind new pickups for the Fly. Furthermore, they were unwilling to rewind old ones or quote a price for anything.

Someone in the community just needs to start winding low/medium/high-output pickup sets and selling them on Reverb.

Offline Misterpetey

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:48:35 AM »
Hi, thanks for that, I have contacted the seller about shipping to the U.K. As for the rewinding, that’s why I need a new neck pickup as I let a supposed expert rewind my original but it just sounds awful now, I don’t think people realise that pickups sound different in a Parker body compared to a conventional guitar
DiMarzio are a strange company, I sent them a polite email asking if they still made the PHWP1 pickup and I got a one word answer “yes”,  that was it! Short and to the point I guess.

Offline jb63

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 08:31:45 PM »
Just in case you get there, the neck pickup is really great in the bridge position, and the bridge OK in the neck position, but not as full. Its a really interesting thing to swap them now and again!