Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: refined Fly Vibrato Arm Rattles while playing  (Read 93 times)

Offline That_is_a_Knoife

refined Fly Vibrato Arm Rattles while playing
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:46:04 PM »
Got my first Fly and it's an Model from 07. When I play the low E String I can hear the non-hex vibrato arm rattle from the frequencies.
It has too much play in the bridge mounting hole.

So how to fix it? Bend the vibrato arm to get two contact points along the length of the hole, or increase the diameter with clear tape?
(But that could end up in the hole where I can't get it out easily.

Sure, the thing falls out when you turn the guitar over, but It's not just that. The constant contact on the hole's edge isn't life prolonging either.
Other than that, the vibrato works fine after years of being stored away in the case (sadly at too high humidity => rust..see other thread)

I found that thread before who explains a fix, but it is for the pre-refined model that has an extra screw for tweaking the hex-arm, but i got the other model-.-
that would be the thread if someone finds mine by searching and looks for the pre-refined fix: http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,8213.msg77281.html#msg77281

EDIT: There is a screw on my refined model to changethe vibrato arm to set the resistance against hang down.
Didn't see it at first. It's way in the body atm, so I either have to bend the bridge forward to get access. That sounds like the paintjob is in danger.
Should I raise the whole bridge until I can adjust it? Doesn't seem right
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:49:44 PM by That_is_a_Knoife »

Re: refined Fly Vibrato Arm Rattles while playing

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 03:55:15 PM »
I have the most recent Nitefly which sound like it has the same bridge. If so, then yes there is a friction screw in the back of the guitar and you do have to bend the trem to access it. But it’s no big deal, your paint should be ok.
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline That_is_a_Knoife

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 01:41:33 AM »
Thank you for your confirmation. I'll tape something protective near that edge just to be shure.
Hope the screw fixes movement before the actual bend happens.
Cause I like that the handle turns out of my way when I don't use it.

Seems like noone had to fight rust on their fly before O.o
http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,16901.0.html