Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stereo Cable  (Read 129 times)

Offline Stratman7

Stereo Cable
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:48:12 AM »
Hi,

I've just acquired a Parker Fly Classic from 2000. Unfortunately it has no cable.....does anybody know the actual cable specification (I'm in the UK and I need to get one made).....? I'm particularly interested in the jack plugs, I know the sizes, but would be interested in knowing if the plugs have double black rings around the guitar jack and single rings around the amp jacks?

Thanks - Jon

Re: Stereo Cable

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
... but would be interested in knowing if the plugs have double black rings around the guitar jack and single rings around the amp jacks?

That's right. They shouldn't be hard to find ... here's one from Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adam-6-3mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B009VBVUTE/ref=sr_1_136?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1510415942&sr=1-136&keywords=stereo%2Bguitar%2Bcable&th=1
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline jb63

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 10:39:12 AM »
I try to find the ones with a right angle plug for the guitar input. They are easier to repair and I like the way they fit into the fly jack better. They seem to run about $50 when you find a good one.

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 04:08:04 PM »
I bought a planet waves one from Amazon but can’t use it because it is too thick and heavy. Was like a shipping rope...

These guys made me one because the standard one was too short and the planet waves one was no good.

https://www.swamp.net.au/guitar-leads

Cheaper and better made, to your spec.
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK