Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Parker Family  (Read 199 times)

Offline vjmanzo

• vjmanzo.com
My Parker Family
« on: November 28, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself, and show my “family photo” below.

I played my first Fly Mojo in 2005, and I’ve been enamored with Parker guitars ever since! Though I’ve visited this forum many times through the years, I only recently created an account. Please allow me to express my gratitude to everyone who has contributed so much to this forum; it’s truly an exceptional community, and I’m honored to be a part of it.

From left to right:
  • 2005 Fly Mojo - my first Fly, which I ordered new from Parker
  • 1997 Fly Concert (a.k.a. Fly Bronze)
  • 2007 Fly Deluxe - Sustainiac pickup installed in the neck position
  • 2008 Fly Mojo - Sustainiac pickup installed in the neck position

If you'd like to see more photos of these, I have a page up here

Happy Flying!

V.J.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:06:02 PM by vjmanzo »
Fly Mojo (2005), Fly Deluxe w/Sustainiac (2007), Fly Mojo w/Sustainiac (2008), Fly Concert (1997)

Re: My Parker Family

Offline Putt

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:11:37 AM »
Nice concert (or bronze). I have a Nylon (Spanish) with the same finish, but my bronze is flat black--I hate black guitars(read envy into this). How do you like the Sustainiacs? I was thinking that this would be my next mod.

Offline vjmanzo

• vjmanzo.com
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 11:50:03 AM »
I love love love the Sustainiacs! I was an EBow guy for years, and I took a leap of faith installing one in my Deluxe (I had the Sustainiac folks install it for me), and I love it! I use it all the time. It's like the best controllable feedback at any level, and there are three different sustain "harmonic" modes. Only bad news is they have to put two screws through your instrument:

On my Deluxe, they also removed the Piezo Powerchip and Volume Pot in order to fit it in and utilize the battery cavity. On my Mojo with the Sustainiac, I have the Piezo and the Sustainiac squeezed in there with two battery cavities. The Sustainiac as a neck pickup is also not bad by itself (without sustain turned on).

Anyway, PM me if you have questions. I'm jealous of your Spanish Fly!! I've been looking for one for a long time, and, while I recently bought a Godin Multiac that I'm quite happy with, I still keep a watchful eye for the Nylon Fly!  ;D
Fly Mojo (2005), Fly Deluxe w/Sustainiac (2007), Fly Mojo w/Sustainiac (2008), Fly Concert (1997)

Offline TheGrail

• Lifelong guitar synth guy
    • My musical website
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
Beautiful collection!
93 Deluxe, 97 FrankenFly, 98 Deluxe w/GK pickup, 03 Mojo

Offline vjmanzo

• vjmanzo.com
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 03:52:20 PM »
 Thanks so much! I felt the same taking a look at your “swarm“!  :o

Offline jb63

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 04:18:47 PM »
I just wish I could keep my house that clean!
 >:(

Offline vjmanzo

• vjmanzo.com
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 04:22:37 PM »
My wife gets the credit there!  ;D Thanks!

Offline Putt

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 01:49:59 PM »
I'll take you up on your offer. I have a ton of questions about the Sustainiac, but I also have to get through the holiday season befor I can spend anymore on my Parkers. I have a Variax installed on one of my Parkers and Graphite 13 pin in another. I kinda think that having Adrian Belew's set-up across three guitars would be something to aim for.

I love love love the Sustainiacs! I was an EBow guy for years, and I took a leap of faith installing one in my Deluxe (I had the Sustainiac folks install it for me), and I love it! I use it all the time. It's like the best controllable feedback at any level, and there are three different sustain "harmonic" modes. Only bad news is they have to put two screws through your instrument:

On my Deluxe, they also removed the Piezo Powerchip and Volume Pot in order to fit it in and utilize the battery cavity. On my Mojo with the Sustainiac, I have the Piezo and the Sustainiac squeezed in there with two battery cavities. The Sustainiac as a neck pickup is also not bad by itself (without sustain turned on).

Anyway, PM me if you have questions. I'm jealous of your Spanish Fly!! I've been looking for one for a long time, and, while I recently bought a Godin Multiac that I'm quite happy with, I still keep a watchful eye for the Nylon Fly!  ;D

Offline billy

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 12:41:10 PM »
wow, nice collection!  Love the house too...!
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline vjmanzo

• vjmanzo.com
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 01:12:24 PM »
Thanks and thanks!  :D