Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1996 Parker Fly Deluxe - excellent - rare amber color - with padded case  (Read 641 times)

Offline DColucci

For sale on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142616971025?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Parker Fly Deluxe Serial #225086BP
Rare 1996 " Pre-Refined" Parker Fly Deluxe Electric Guitar w/ padded Parker case.

"Pre-refined" signifies this guitar was made when Ken Parker owned and worked at the company.

“We were building ten-thousand-dollar guitars for twenty-five hundred."
See article: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2007/05/14/struts-and-frets

Free shipping!*
100% positive feedback rating. Bid with confidence.
Any questions - Please ask before bidding.

Background
Purchased from a collector in 2016 new/unused condition with original Parker padded case, owners manual, tremolo bar, stereo cable set so piezo and normal out can be separate vs. using a built-in switch for both on mono cable. Setup with 9-42 by Zach at FRETS in Westerly RI - included: factory .10 tremolo spring.

Comes with padded Parker soft case.

Condition
Like new in rare tangerine orange color. Faint swirls can be seen in the paint at certain angles. See pictures for details.

Details
Weight: 5lb 6.3oz

Serial number:   #225086BP
B = Basswood - NECK
P = Poplar - Body

Controls: Master Volume, Mag volume, Mag tone, Piezo volume, Piezo tone (concentrically stacked).

Trem wheel: that's the part that sticks through the front of the guitar; it's used to determine spring force and sets the MODE of use (fixed, bend-down only, or floating). Acts as a "Master Tuning Knob" (so when you switch from down-only to floating the guitar stays in tune).

3-way switch: Neck/ INSIDE COIL of neck and bridge (approximates a single-coil sound supposedly)/ Bridge

Mode Switch: Selects between down-only tremolo mode and floating. Easily accessible, but many have found they've needed to TAPE it in the down-only position. (It can get bumped while playing.)

Output jack: Stereo output, with a tiny red switch that allows you to select true stereo output (mag to tip, piezo to ring) or summed output (for using a single amp and getting both piezo and mag through a mono cable)

Wiring: Pre-refined used a Fishman preamp that's wired with a ribbon cable.  Pre-refined Flys also have a battery indicator light on the back: it will light when a cable is inserted. If it starts glowing during use, the battery is low and should be changed.

Pickups: Gen. 1 Fly pups were used from 1993 through March of 1999. They had the original DiMarzio pickups, which were based on the Air Norton for the neck position and the Tone Zone for the bridge position. These are identified by a non italicized "block lettered" DiMarzio logo, which is 3/8" long.

Parker Fly Deluxe Serial #225086BP
Rare 1996 " Pre-Refined" Parker Fly Deluxe Electric Guitar w/ padded Parker case.

"Pre-refined" signifies this guitar was made when Ken Parker owned and worked at the company.

“We were building ten-thousand-dollar guitars for twenty-five hundred."
See article: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2007/05/14/struts-and-frets

Background
Purchased from a collector in 2016 new/unused condition with original Parker padded case, owners manual, tremolo bar, stereo cable set so piezo and normal out can be separate vs. using a built-in switch for both on mono cable. Setup with 9-42 by Zach at FRETS in Westerly RI - included: factory .10 tremolo spring.

Comes with padded Parker soft case.

Condition
Like new in rare tangerine orange color. Faint swirls can be seen in the paint at certain angles. See pictures for details.

Details
Weight: 5lb 6.3oz

Serial number:   #225086BP
B = Basswood - NECK
P = Poplar - Body

Controls: Master Volume, Mag volume, Mag tone, Piezo volume, Piezo tone (concentrically stacked).

Trem wheel: that's the part that sticks through the front of the guitar; it's used to determine spring force and sets the MODE of use (fixed, bend-down only, or floating). Acts as a "Master Tuning Knob" (so when you switch from down-only to floating the guitar stays in tune).

3-way switch: Neck/ INSIDE COIL of neck and bridge (approximates a single-coil sound supposedly)/ Bridge

Mode Switch: Selects between down-only tremolo mode and floating. Easily accessible, but many have found they've needed to TAPE it in the down-only position. (It can get bumped while playing.)

Output jack: Stereo output, with a tiny red switch that allows you to select true stereo output (mag to tip, piezo to ring) or summed output (for using a single amp and getting both piezo and mag through a mono cable)

Wiring: Pre-refined used a Fishman preamp that's wired with a ribbon cable.  Pre-refined Flys also have a battery indicator light on the back: it will light when a cable is inserted. If it starts glowing during use, the battery is low and should be changed.

Pickups: Gen. 1 Fly pups were used from 1993 through March of 1999. They had the original DiMarzio pickups, which were based on the Air Norton for the neck position and the Tone Zone for the bridge position. These are identified by a non italicized "block lettered" DiMarzio logo, which is 3/8" long.

Re: 1996 Parker Fly Deluxe - excellent - rare amber color - with padded case

Offline marcwormjim

If you ignore all the spam and explaining the wheel to the one place guaranteed to know, the link says he wants $3,499.00. Good luck.

Offline Mr303

reserve not met....gee I wonder why

Just a guitar seller troll looking to unload his "collectible" with knowledge gained from the Internet but no experience playing it would be my guess.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:55:16 AM by Mr303 »
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
Too bad.  Beautiful guitar!
But to me it looks like a repaint job.
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline Mr303

Now that you mention it the front does look a bit hazy or dull compared to the back.....hmmm.
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline sonikk71

Now that you mention it the front does look a bit hazy or dull compared to the back.....hmmm.

Looking at the pic of the serial number two things jumped out at me...

- Weren't all the serial number letters white? These are black.
- The characters in the serial look misaligned. The second "2" looks to be high and the spacing of the last 4 digits are crammed together compared to the first 4 digits.

Not knocking the guitar, but it sure looks like a repaint to me.

Offline Mr303

For what it’s worth I checked both of mine, the gunmetal gray ‘94 hardtail has white numbers that are very slightly staggered above and below center line while the gold ’97 has black numbers that align properly.
I take back my comment about the dull paint.
Look at the horn, it is shiny, probably just bad photography for the rest.
Is tangerine rare?
Hell-o it’s a Parker, nice color good condition if it all works it’ll give great service...now about that reserve price...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:34:35 PM by Mr303 »
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline sonikk71

For what it’s worth I checked both of mine, the gunmetal gray ‘94 hardtail has white numbers that are very slightly staggered above and below center line while the gold ’97 has black numbers that align properly.
I take back my comment about the dull paint.
Look at the horn, it is shiny, probably just bad photography for the rest.
Is tangerine rare?
Hell-o it’s a Parker, nice color good condition if it all works it’ll give great service...now about that reserve price...

Thanks for the info on the serial character alignment. Good to know.

Am I crazy or did the user post better pictures to the ad since we talked about this yesterday? I looked at a bunch of Parker ads all around the net yesterday and could have sworn these pics today are much better.

Guitar appears to be in great condition and is a rare color. At least I think it was a rare color in the pre-refined ones. I could be wrong though that is just what I have observed) Also any experts here have info on the the color? It seems a little different from the Tangerine color I am used to on the new flys. Not as bright. More of a burnt orange than a bright tangerine. Could just be the pics but I am wondering if the older flys in orange were a different shade?

I would be interested if it wasn't quite such a high price. Not saying it isn't worth it to someone, it just isn't worth that much to me. :)

Online mmmmgtr

• http://www.righthandred.com
Is that the Ed Roman "Copper" color?  If so,  it is definitely a repaint... Doesn't look like the old Tangerine color I remember...

I know most Ed Romans also had the Seymour Duncan mod as well, but you never know...

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,5422.msg49151.html#msg49151

As I vaguely recall,  I think they did something funky with the serial number as well...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:25:09 PM by mmmmgtr »