Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PARKER GUITARS AND PARTS  (Read 1682 times)

Offline gman

PARKER GUITARS AND PARTS
« on: December 18, 2017, 07:31:00 AM »
I am new to posting on a forum.  I joined the Parker forum today at the suggestion  of some employees I know at US Music.   I bought out Parker from US Music in 2015.  I bought about 40,000 parts and a variety of finished and unfinished Parker guitars.  I also bought out USA Washburn custom shop at the same time.    I am currently selling parts on a couple of sites, Reverb and Ebay but I am happy to talk to anyone looking for parts, maybe I have them and I can help.  I have an unplayed 2008 Artist in natural satin and what I am told is the last Parker ever made, a DF524 in natural satin with a maple fretboard.  I will be putting both of these up for sale in about a week.  I will try to be fair in the pricing.  I am trying to figure out the value of these, any suggestions are welcome. 

Re: PARKER GUITARS AND PARTS

Offline Mossman

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:29:45 AM »
Just chiming in with an endorsement here - I've bought a few Fly and Nitefly parts from Mike in the last few weeks and he's been extraordinarily prompt with shipping and very fair with pricing and postage.
1994 Fly Deluxe (Black)
1998 Fly Deluxe (Plum)
1999 Fly Deluxe (Green)
2006 Refined Fly Classic (Natural)
2008 Refined Fly Deluxe (Heather Grey)
1998 NiteFly NVF4 (White)
1999 NiteFly NVF7 (Black)
2000 NiteFly SA (Transparent Blue)
2006 NiteFly M (Oil & Wax)
2006 NiteFly SA (Sunburst)

Offline billy

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 10:16:20 AM »
+1
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »
Agreed! I’ve ordered many parts from Mike, and they’ve all arrived as described.
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info

Offline billy

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 04:53:45 PM »
I think he (and us) would benefit from some better cataloging efforts, and maybe even some documentation for changing parts. 

Sometimes things are a little hit or miss in terms of finding what you need, but he will work with you and usually responds quickly.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline Tangerine~Fly

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 06:52:21 AM »
I've purchased items from Mike and he is a great seller.  He stays in touch with you and works out any wrinkles that might come up.  I would definitely buy from him again.
1996 Tangerine Fly Deluxe

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 11:53:57 AM »
As per Billy's comment above: is there a "Master Parts List" for the Fly that shows a list of every component used in the guitar? I've dug through the forum, but was unable to find one consolidated parts list. Perhaps a reference like this could/should be another thread (potentially a sticky thread) for those who have a good handle on every type of switch, screw, bridge post, etc. used in a Fly. Just a thought.

Until I started looking through Mike's inventory on Reverb and eBay, I was unaware of some of the differences between components of my Fly and some of the other Parker guitars. For example, I think I ordered a spare set of bridge posts for a NiteFly by mistake.
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info

Offline jester700

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 12:56:50 PM »
As per Billy's comment above: is there a "Master Parts List" for the Fly that shows a list of every component used in the guitar? I've dug through the forum, but was unable to find one consolidated parts list. Perhaps a reference like this could/should be another thread (potentially a sticky thread) for those who have a good handle on every type of switch, screw, bridge post, etc. used in a Fly. Just a thought.

Until I started looking through Mike's inventory on Reverb and eBay, I was unaware of some of the differences between components of my Fly and some of the other Parker guitars. For example, I think I ordered a spare set of bridge posts for a NiteFly by mistake.

Good idea. I bought a couple fly nuts (that sounded better in my head) that don't fit my DF models. Luckily, that was a cheap mistake.

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »
Thanks. I just started a new thread here in case anyone is interested in helping to create a Master Parts List:

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,16944.0.html

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 02:21:12 PM »
I am new to posting on a forum.  I joined the Parker forum today at the suggestion  of some employees I know at US Music.   I bought out Parker from US Music in 2015.  I bought about 40,000 parts and a variety of finished and unfinished Parker guitars.  I also bought out USA Washburn custom shop at the same time.    I am currently selling parts on a couple of sites, Reverb and Ebay but I am happy to talk to anyone looking for parts, maybe I have them and I can help.  I have an unplayed 2008 Artist in natural satin and what I am told is the last Parker ever made, a DF524 in natural satin with a maple fretboard.  I will be putting both of these up for sale in about a week.  I will try to be fair in the pricing.  I am trying to figure out the value of these, any suggestions are welcome. 
Cool!  What's your parts selling "location" (site?)
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II