Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bad news for 2018?  (Read 5492 times)

Offline billy

Re: Bad news for 2018?
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »
yeah, this fits.  I'd argue Ernie Ball does a much better job on marketing than USM does.  Doesn't hurt credibility to have this wiring approach in John P's sig model either.

Parker perception though is imho skewed due to the issues some have had.  Not saying it's impossible just that they'd need to do a better job on the info and marketing story. 

FWIW, I am one of the people who thinks that a flex can be a good way to do this, especially as you've illustrated, Jamie.  I'm also a fan of how the graphtech pcbs stack together using headers.  Combining those approaches could be a great way to make things easy. 

Probably all a moot point at the moment given the info/title of this thread.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2018, 05:57:43 PM »
Probably all a moot point at the moment given the info/title of this thread.

Probably. But I remain hopeful that the brand will return some day, and in a way that is both innovative and commercially sustainable without dishonouring the Parker legacy.
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline billy

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2018, 08:54:51 PM »
Me too, Jamie! But I get bummed when I think about the woeful marketing they did. Still though, I am optimistic and believe the universe has a way of pulling things together. Hoping I can help somehow.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]