Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nitefly height adjustment issue  (Read 574 times)

Offline Silot

Nitefly height adjustment issue
« on: December 31, 2017, 12:00:08 AM »
Hey guys

Problem: the treble side of the bridge is not adjustable. The height adjustment screw spins freely when turned clockwise until at some point it stops moving. I removed the bridge post from the back, checked the screw and it seems ok. I can’t however get it to adjust the string height.
Any thought will be helpful !!

Re: Nitefly height adjustment issue

Offline billy

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 10:07:12 AM »
Only going on assumption here but it may be that your bridge post is bound against the bushing.

This can happen when you install one post at a time, which is what I’m assuming you did. When one side is much lower than the other, the posts can bind.

If so, the fix isn’t too hard.

loosen up the both sides until the posts can be removed, but you don’t need to remove them. You’re just trying to get both screws to the same starting point.

Start with 1-2 turns of both post screws and then alternate between the posts 1-2 turns at a time until the bridge height is close to where you want it. Then adjust as needed to get what you want, but again be sure the two posts aren’t far off from each other.

If that doesn’t work then we’ll need more info from you.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline Silot

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 11:25:41 AM »
Thank you. I’ll try it and get back with the result !

Offline Silot

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 01:52:43 AM »
So I removed the bridge posts and re-installed them. I noticed that one of the allen screws was stiffer but eventually it worked ! Now the height can be adjusted easily  :D Thanks for the input Billy, I followed your advise and was careful in setting the two posts close enough.

Offline billy

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:42:20 PM »
yay!  hope this isn't the one that's buzzing now though...
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline Silot

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:23:18 PM »
Yep, it's the one that buzzes, but not like it used to, anymore. You see, the previous one kept it tuned to C using 013 gauge. So apparently he widened the nut slots and that is what now causes the buzz. But it's reversable. It's just that I'm quite busy right now and I cannot find the time to fix it PLUS working with nuts was always the most boring job for me  :P