Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Guitar Master Part List  (Read 1718 times)

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
Parker Guitar Master Part List
« on: January 03, 2018, 01:32:54 PM »
Hi all,

If it pleases the forum, here is a first attempt at creating a forum-generated Parker Guitar Master Part List:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P9ECrtalXsBtsuOQJdgTECU5Nhw4nCQtIHCTI7k4DVA/edit?usp=sharing

I'll keep the page open to edits for a while, then I'll give editing access by request. As Parker guitar replacement parts become more difficult to find, it might be helpful for us to have all of this information in a central location.

Tabs at the bottom are for specific instruments and you can check the models within that instrument family for which that part applies.

PM me with any questions or suggestions.
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97 || More Info

Re: Parker Guitar Master Part List

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:13:34 PM »
I took the liberty of updating some components in my refined Flys that I could identify myself:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P9ECrtalXsBtsuOQJdgTECU5Nhw4nCQtIHCTI7k4DVA/edit#gid=1048063266

I certainly need my work checked and there's plenty of room for others to chime in with corrections and additions. Also plenty of room for others to supply links to obtain parts or suitable alternatives.
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97 || More Info

Offline billy

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:46:24 AM »
this is an awesome start- sent you an email via the google file

Fortunately there's a lot of overlap between many models, but the tricky part is where they are similar but not the same

would be nice if USM published what they have.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 01:25:19 PM »
Thanks, Billy. I noted the overlap too, and agree that if there's a USM list in place, that would be helpful.

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 02:46:31 PM »
Hi all,

I took a stab at populating a Master List of all parts common to pre-refined Flys and early refined Flys, and added that tab to the spreadsheet above; new link here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P9ECrtalXsBtsuOQJdgTECU5Nhw4nCQtIHCTI7k4DVA/edit#gid=0

I've taken photos off all of the spare parts that I have (will take photos of other internal ones soon) and have included them in the spreadsheet. I've taken creative liberty with the naming of these parts, so please kindly rename things if you'd like. There are still some parts that I need to identify and some additional photos are needed.

The real action point right now, in speaking with ZemanG2, is to identify which parts can be picked up at any old hardware store (including the dimensions for those parts) and which ones are specialized and would need to come from a Parker parts Reseller (like Mike a.k.a. wiguitar) in order to obtain them. If anyone can contribute to this spreadsheet in this capacity, I would appreciate it.

In related news, and also through discussions with ZemanG2, I am looking into working with some of my students on fabricating parts (CNC and 3D print) that are not available from regular hardware stores or from Parker parts resellsers (like, for example, the battery covers for pre-refined Flys)...more on that soon, but, if you'd like to help out and you know which parts those are, you can add them to this tab on that spreadsheet.

Offline Big Swifty

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 06:25:36 PM »
Edited "Stereo Switch Button Mount" entry.

B.S.
94 Fly Deluxe
2010 DF 524
The system can't get you in your dreams.

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 06:49:36 PM »
Looks good! Great info!

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 11:11:14 AM »
I've added a few more pictures of some of the bridge parts (thanks ZemanG2) and some more info. Please feel free to add.

Offline s5tuart

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 04:14:13 AM »
Brand new member here. I have taken the liberty of adding an ebay link for the hex tremolo arm that I recently found. I hope that's OK. If not please feel free to delete it.
I believe the seller also does other variations so it might be worthwhile asking if you're after something special.

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 05:25:28 AM »
Terrific addition! Thanks, and welcome to the forum!

Offline billy

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 03:48:02 PM »
This is coming along great VJ!  I updated some of the descriptions and comments for a few things that were not quite right.  will add a few more details once I can check my parts stash
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 03:57:47 PM »
I agree! Thanks for the help, Billy, and everyone else!

Offline Am0k

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 11:53:55 PM »
Hi everyone!

I have these ball-kind of string saddles on my Nitefly and one of them is broken and other one is loose. I would like to replace these parts.

Does anyone know if that 'String saddles (with Piezos)' on that list will work as a replacement part? It doesn't have the 'balls' but otherwise it looks like it might work.

I'll add a photo of my saddle if needed.

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 12:28:54 AM »
The different saddles used on the Flys and Niteflys (and other models) are only slightly different from version to version; primarily with regard to where the string touches the saddles. You can swap the whole set of saddles with another (some on Reverb and eBay) and they will be the exact same size as yours (they will fit in the bridge the same).

Offline Am0k

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 02:37:54 AM »
Thanks!

I ordered set of string saddles from eBay. Those didn't have the ball bearings that I have on my Parker but I hope they'll work good.