Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is the "mono sleeve" good for a Parker PM20 hornet?  (Read 533 times)

Offline Guitarticle

Is the "mono sleeve" good for a Parker PM20 hornet?
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:11:59 AM »
Hi, my main instrument is a Parker PM 20 hornet, and now is the time to look for a better gig bag than the original parker one. Mono sleeve, or other ideas?
Check out my guitar blog at: https://guitarticle.com
BW, Gábor

Re: Is the "mono sleeve" good for a Parker PM20 hornet?

Offline billy

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:44:32 AM »
mono bags are really nice, though it will probably cost about as much as your pm20 did... :)
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline Mr303

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 01:42:05 PM »
Looks like either the Sleeve or Vertigo are both good choices.
Some hard foam cases get too thick for my liking.
 Roadrunner makes rugged gig bags too. I have one for a Martin parlor that is great.
 YouTube has some good demo comparisons.( Like a loaded Vertigo being tossed out a 2nd floor window?)

Just like a motorcycle helmet is worth the cost of your head your guitar case is worth the cost of your guitar IMHO.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:50:12 PM by Mr303 »
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro 3x3 headstock
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline billy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 02:56:47 PM »

Just like a motorcycle helmet is worth the cost of your head your guitar case is worth the cost of your guitar IMHO.

I agree wholeheartedly!  There is a point of diminishing returns based on cost, but in this case, all the options you list should be up to the task.  The mono sleeve is interesting to me because of the "sneaker" thing on the bottom and the neck support.  If you're going to use a bag, use a good one.  I'm not a fan of hardshell cases personally- but that's a whole other discussion much like where tone actually is or how it happens.  lol
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]