Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WTB: Parker Fly Deluxe HSS (Pre-Refined)  (Read 556 times)

Offline carscratchmelt4

WTB: Parker Fly Deluxe HSS (Pre-Refined)
« on: March 04, 2018, 06:24:47 PM »
Looking to buy a Parker Fly Deluxe HSS... any color is acceptable.

I’m am a serious buyer and use PayPal for payment.

Please message me to exchange contact information.

Thank You!

Jack W.

Re: WTB: Parker Fly Deluxe HSS (Pre-Refined)

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 07:09:53 PM »
Hi Jack,

Have you seen this listing?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F312000812247

It’s been on there for a while, so maybe the seller will accept an offer below the asking price.
Fly Mojo (2005), Fly Deluxe [w/Sustainiac] (2007), Fly Mojo [w/Sustainiac] (2008), Fly Concert (1997), Fly Classic (2003), Fly Deluxe (1997), Fly Artist (2010), Fly Bass FB-4 (2003) || More Info

Offline carscratchmelt4

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 08:19:24 PM »
I’ve seen this listing as well.
Their asking price is a little rich considering the guitars condition.

Again, I was hoping another forum member might have a neglected fly in their closet or under the best that could use a new caring and loving home... ie. Mine lol

Jack

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »
Gotcha--figured you might have seen it.
Fly Mojo (2005), Fly Deluxe [w/Sustainiac] (2007), Fly Mojo [w/Sustainiac] (2008), Fly Concert (1997), Fly Classic (2003), Fly Deluxe (1997), Fly Artist (2010), Fly Bass FB-4 (2003) || More Info

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 02:18:27 PM »
It's been a while (maybe 6 months) since I've seen one of these for sale.  They must be pretty rare.  I almost bought it, but decided it was too risky to buy from a pawn shop in Florida. 
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'98 Fly Classic, Transparent Red
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail

Offline carscratchmelt4

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 02:55:44 PM »
These folks I’m afraid don’t really understand what’s going on. They counter everything I send with $2250. I feel it’s too expensive for the condition it’s in and their inability to answer questions adequately. It’s a bad risk imho.

It’s hard to do business with ignorance.

Jack

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 09:26:33 AM »
Much too expensive for the state of the guitar.
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 12:44:57 PM »
Much too expensive for the state of the guitar.

I agree. Have you considered a Nitefly for single-coil tone? A few posts on this forum from previous "Fly HSS" owners suggest that the Nitefly might be a better fit if that's the tone you're going for. I don't own a Nitefly or a Fly HSS, so YMMV.

I suppose it's always possible to buy a regular Fly Deluxe and modify it with single-coil pickups, if you're up for a project. I've considered this myself, but my "Parker family" is already getting too large for me to start adding more members.  ;)

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »
I was a Single 2 owner.  I had a Midi Fly and loved the sound (basically a Nitefly with Midi guts) but hated the weight.  So Ken graciously offered to trade it for a Single 2 after I wrote to him.
I got the Single 2.  Loved the weight, hated the sound.  The single coils did not work in that body and in that position.  Too far back.  Could not get the strat tone I wanted. I had Seymour (himself) revoice the pickups.  Slightly better but still no cigar!  It just would not work in that body.  So eventually I sold it.

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 09:22:39 PM »
Too bad, Patzag; the Single 2 looks killer!

Offline carscratchmelt4

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 11:05:14 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation however, I’ve more than done the Nitefly thing. I’ve had an NV2 and an NV 4 as well as a Nitefly N. I don’t really care for the necks as they feel more traditional and less Parker. Additionally, the weight difference is very discernible in comparison to a traditional Fly.

I don’t think I would care for a Dragon Fly or Maxx Fly either because of the abandonment of the compound radius...

It’s truly a shame that the Fly HSS model is not more plentiful.

I’m not necessarily looking to cop Strat tones... Stratocasters are a lot cheaper lol!

I expected that the HSS would have some unique single coil tones that would sound better than tapped himbuckers.

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »
The HSS gives you this in addition to the coil tapped humbucker: the middle pickup.  The neck pickup sounded like a tapped humbucker.  Using the neck and middle was an approximation of the strat quack.  The middle single coil was relatively pleasant.
I wanted to cop strat tones without the 8.5 lbs.  No go.

I also prefer the neck of the deluxe.  And the body.
Honestly, I could live with the nitefly neck but the chunky body was not for me.

I ordered a custom SSS from Parker (refined).  It "sounded" stratish but did not feel right and eventually I sold it and all my refined guitars and went back to Deluxe and Classic pre-refined.
I may experiment with a blend knob to get the right tones out of the guitar at some point but for now I'm relatively happy. 

Offline Mr303

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »
The HSS gives you this in addition to the coil tapped humbucker: the middle pickup.  The neck pickup sounded like a tapped humbucker.  Using the neck and middle was an approximation of the strat quack.  The middle single coil was relatively pleasant.
I wanted to cop strat tones without the 8.5 lbs.  No go.

I also prefer the neck of the deluxe.  And the body.
Honestly, I could live with the nitefly neck but the chunky body was not for me.

I ordered a custom SSS from Parker (refined).  It "sounded" stratish but did not feel right and eventually I sold it and all my refined guitars and went back to Deluxe and Classic pre-refined.
I may experiment with a blend knob to get the right tones out of the guitar at some point but for now I'm relatively happy.

I haven’t played a nitefly but across the board Parker neck profiles play outstandingly well even those “chunky” PM 10’s & 20’s.
Interesting to read your ventures into getting strat sounds from a Parker. 
My modded PDF70 has coil tapping and I can get some strat like tones from it.
Skol!
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro 3x3 headstock
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90