Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for Graphtech advice  (Read 393 times)

Offline Putt

Looking for Graphtech advice
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:00:38 AM »
I have a ’98 Bronze that received the Graphtech hex & piezo. I dearly love the playability, and even more so with my VG-99. However, I suspect the installation was slightly botched. I have a three way switch that acts as a two way—{Piezo/Hex; Piezo/Hex; Piezo} rather that {Hex; Piezo/Hex; Piezo}. I’m thinking of doing the same with either my Pre-refined Deluxe or Nylon. I would want to wire in a Sustainiac PU to the Deluxe if I go that route. I kinda like the idea of having a 13 pin for my GR-55, a 1/4 for my pedalboard and a XLR for my Aura. If I did my Nylon Fly, I’d want to keep it more pure, with a stacked volume pot—one for piezo and the other for the 13 pin. Has anyone had experience with either of these installs?

I’m looking for some recs. I don’t want to go back to the tech that installed the other unit. I have a great tech in Walpole NH that modified my P-36 with Variax guts, but he doesn’t want to get into the Ghost install (probably not challenging enough for him). I’d like to find someone between Boston and Albany, but I want the job done right, even if it involves (shudder) shipping.

’00 Nylon Fly
’00 Deluxe Fly
’98 Bronze Fly with Graphtech Piezo/Hex
Parker P-36 with Variax PU
Parker JC-24
Parker PA-24
Parker P8e
Parker P10en
And a handful of lesser instruments

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Re: Looking for Graphtech advice

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 02:43:57 PM »
Re the switch, I suspect the metal tabs that make up the innards have simply bent over time, converting your 3 way switch to just 2. It’s fixable, you just need to bend the tabs back to their normal place.
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline Putt

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 09:32:07 PM »
Thanks, I have little faith in my wiring skills, but I think I could tackle this.