Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Fly 12-String Hybrid Project  (Read 3210 times)

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
Re: Parker Fly 12-String Hybrid Project
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2018, 03:43:30 PM »
Haha--thanks, man! It was a little unnerving when I tuned it up the first time! Originally, I was thinking that I'd leave the whole instrument dropped down a step or more, but, I have to say: I felt really comfortable with having worked through a bunch of test simulations, so we just decided to go for it and tuned it up to standard. No guts no glory!  :P

When we adjusted the truss and it turned just as easily as it ever has, then I knew we were safe. If there was any sort of friction going on, I would have been a bit more reserved about what we could do going forward, but it's solid; the tuning is stable, and I'm really happy with it!
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info

Offline billy

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2018, 07:48:40 PM »
No guts no glory indeed! 

I said it before and I’ll say it again-

Super stoked to see this and sounding so great too. Awesome job all the way around, and especially love the write up. Frosting on the cake!
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2018, 08:01:41 PM »
Thanks, Billy!
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info