Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sperzel Tuners on a P44V?  (Read 517 times)

Offline Droz

Sperzel Tuners on a P44V?
« on: December 26, 2018, 10:24:09 AM »
Hello Parker Lovers

I've owned my P44-V for almost 10 years now, and I was wondering whether any of you had replaced the Grover tuners with Sperzel ones.

The rationale behind that is that the Bullwinkle is not compatible with the Grover's (honestly, they work just fine for what I do), and I need to hang that guitar up on the wall for storage reasons (the Hercules wall hangers are too wide and already installed).

Clearly trying to buy a hammer to kill the bee… so all recommandations are welcome!

Thanks all

Re: Sperzel Tuners on a P44V?

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 03:51:42 PM »
Hello Parker Lovers

I've owned my P44-V for almost 10 years now, and I was wondering whether any of you had replaced the Grover tuners with Sperzel ones.

The rationale behind that is that the Bullwinkle is not compatible with the Grover's (honestly, they work just fine for what I do), and I need to hang that guitar up on the wall for storage reasons (the Hercules wall hangers are too wide and already installed).

Clearly trying to buy a hammer to kill the bee… so all recommandations are welcome!

Thanks all

Hi, you may be able to modify the bullwinkle with a dremel to catch the bottom tuner and close to the top or if you know anyone than can do 3d printing you can probally  hand draw the tuner layout and spacing and they can make it. I dont if it will work with yours but I have a nylon string fly and put the bullwinkle in the front of the headstock and it hangs by the round posts from the front

Offline Droz

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »
Thanks for your response

would it be possible to send me a photo of your setup, to make sure I understand correctly?

thanks

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 03:51:43 PM »
Thanks for your response

would it be possible to send me a photo of your setup, to make sure I understand correctly?

thanks

Sure, if you go to this link on the forum and scroll down you will see my Supreme and Nylon Fly in the cases on my wall. Look at the guitar on the left and you will see how I used the bullwinkle in front of the head stock.

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,17156.0.html

Offline Droz

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 01:06:32 AM »
So clever!!!

Thanks a lot for the idea Joe!!!

Time to find a 3D printer and get on it!!!