Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PM20 3x3 vs 6-in-row neck thickness diff  (Read 87 times)

Offline drono

PM20 3x3 vs 6-in-row neck thickness diff
« on: January 01, 2019, 08:17:00 AM »
Hi Parker owners.
Before I ask my question, I should say that I have read all the topics where PM20 is mentioned.
I was thinking of buying a PM20. But what I really need is a neck not to be too fat. Once I had a chance to hold a Fly in my hands and I was shocked with its playability and convenience.
There is a lot of feedback on PM20 but the thing is that it is mostly of 2006 year. Any 2006 year feedback says it is a great quality guitar with a thin neck. And at that time PM20 was produced in Korea and had a hockey-stick headstock and Fly-like neck profile (correct me if I am wrong). What is sold around now (pre-owned guitars in Eastern Europe, Ukraine) is 3x3 headstock model that was introduced somewhat later (2008?] and produced in Indonesia. And feedback on Indonesian PM20 is not so good. Some guys write they are of poor quality and the neck is thicker.
I care much less about the puckups or tuners or volume knobs cause I can change any if them for extra money
 But I won't change the neck.
And I need a thin one as my left hand was injured once and I had a surgery and I need a thin neck for my convenience.
Unfortunately guys who sell them cannot give a clear answer about the neck thickness (no guitars at the local shop and I have to place a prepaid order and wait for the guitar to arrive).
So my questions are:
1) if anyone owns a 6-in-row and 3x3 PM20 can you say their neck thickness and profile makes difference?
2) what is the thickness of 3x3 neck between 12th and 13th fret in inches or cm or whatever? What is its neck profile (C or D or U)?
3) if anyone owned a 3x3 PM20, what you liked and disliked about this guitar the most?
Don't hesitate to ask me if I was not clear enough. English is not my native language.