Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Dragonfly Prototype Photos  (Read 19946 times)

Offline bno

New Dragonfly Prototype Photos
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »
I'm curious as to the function/purpose of the mahogony "fingerboard"  underneath the carbon glass.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Offline daynwarren

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2009, 05:24:05 PM »
"The standard dragonfly model is looking like..."

????

Offline daynwarren

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2009, 05:25:55 PM »
"We started three more prototypes today.
Two Koa 24 fret hum hum parker trems and one quilted Maple 24 fret hum hum parkler trem.
I'll get photos posted Monday.
These prototypes will be one or two of a kind guitars so if any of you have the budget I would jump on them."

Prices on any of the prototypes?

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2009, 05:26:36 PM »
The company whistle blew (5PM!).[:D]
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

Offline stevie axeman

• http://www.myspace.com/stevieaxeman
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2009, 06:42:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by uburoibob

My friend saw Vernon in NYC playing a white Fly last night. Has he not got the Dragonfly yet?
Bob

Bob - check his Facebook page - the white fly is a prototype DragonFly. He does have one in the new shape too.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=163151135&albumId=67129&page=4

Fly Mojo, Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic, Fender Blues DeVille, Fishman Performer amps
Roland GR33/Digitech GNX/Fishman Aura Blender, Sequis Motherload Elemental ( on order!)
Majik Blue 02 Fly Deluxe, Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany 05 Fly Mojo, Vigier Shawn Lane, Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser ,   Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic ,Fishman Performer amps
,Fishman Aura Blender,

Offline gtrbmart

• http://www.myspace.com/archaeonband
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2009, 07:10:43 PM »
The back of the DragonFly looks naughty...

Offline sfw

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2009, 12:15:18 PM »
bno,

quote:
I'm curious as to the function/purpose of the mahogony "fingerboard" underneath the carbon glass.

I've thought of this often as well. Obviously, you need something that will hold the tension in the neck. I also believe that like the differing woods in the body of the Fly guitars greatly affect the sound, so would the neck. Probably less so than the body wood differences, but still I believe they different neck woods could subtly affect the tone of the guitars as well as the tonal changes the body wood could impart. I think the neck woods have a more subtle (ie smaller) effect than the body wood effect could be? Just my thoughts though and yes, this would be a tongue twister if read aloud.
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »
It is my opinion that neck woods make a bigger difference than body woods. I think the Classic is more like a Deluxe than a Mojo is like a Classic. But since opinions are like xxxxxxx it won't buy you a coffee. Only experiments conducted according to scientific protocol have any validity. So the testing Parker is doing is most welcome.[}:)][;)]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline wkcchampion

• http://pregnosplatter.altervista.org
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2009, 02:07:51 PM »
I want one!!! Perhaps with a floyd rose...

---------
Pregno Splatter
---------
Marco

My Fly bridge setup guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-bURNmuDq2-a0VPd3lPZldwVmc/view?usp=sharing

Pearl White 2008 Fly Mojo (Fralin PUs)
"Eldy" / Majik Blue 1995 Fly Deluxe (Gen1 PUs)
Various vintage and modern Marshall/Vox/Laney amps
Rockman + other rack stuff
Boss GT-100

Offline BillyT

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2009, 02:11:34 PM »
I think the neck wood will affect more tone than people think. Think how much difference a Rosewood fingerboard vs Ebony vs Maple fingerboard makes, and the fingerboard is substantially less of a percentage of the overall wood contact than either the body or neck.
What I am hoping for is a different ring to the guitar. I expect to hear a substantially clearer harmonic content and a full roundness to the string while still having an unusall glassy quality.
Think Vinyl vs digital.

Offline Titus Pullo

« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by 908ssp

It is my opinion that neck woods make a bigger difference than body woods. I think the Classic is more like a Deluxe than a Mojo is like a Classic. But since opinions are like xxxxxxx it won't buy you a coffee. Only experiments conducted according to scientific protocol have any validity. So the testing Parker is doing is most welcome.[}:)][;)]

Alex

I agree. Dillion Guitars (USA-Korea) used to make fairly decent knock-offs, and many of their mahogany bodied guitars sported maple necks with rosewood boards. I played two and they both sounded quite bright given their scale and heft: A  Les Paul and a PRS (copies).
Never figured out how people didn't notice the difference in stain between body and neck, and never questioned (or very little) the difference in woods being advertised and what was actually used.

--
"If you subscribe to the Stew-Mac style you have to have a template to blow your nose." - Ken Parker

--
"If you subscribe to the Stew-Mac style you have to have a template to blow your nose." - Ken Parker

Offline stevie axeman

• http://www.myspace.com/stevieaxeman
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2009, 04:59:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by BillyT

I think the neck wood will affect more tone than people think. Think how much difference a Rosewood fingerboard vs Ebony vs Maple fingerboard makes, and the fingerboard is substantially less of a percentage of the overall wood contact than either the body or neck.
What I am hoping for is a different ring to the guitar. I expect to hear a substantially clearer harmonic content and a full roundness to the string while still having an unusall glassy quality.
Think Vinyl vs digital.

Interesting
I was havgin a chat with a friend a few days ago about neck/fingerboard wood. Wondering if somehow a maple'board reflects some of the harmonic freqeuncies back to the string- and therefore reinforcing certain frequencies - hence the percived "brighter" sound?
Then of course you have the transmission of sound from neck to body as well..
I'd love to see some science on this

Fly Mojo, Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic, Fender Blues DeVille, Fishman Performer amps
Roland GR33/Digitech GNX/Fishman Aura Blender, Sequis Motherload Elemental ( on order!)
Majik Blue 02 Fly Deluxe, Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany 05 Fly Mojo, Vigier Shawn Lane, Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser ,   Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic ,Fishman Performer amps
,Fishman Aura Blender,

Offline www_Ps_com

« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2009, 06:03:44 AM »
The problem is every element of a guitar not only adds an effect to the overall tone, but all elements interact with each other. The only way to attribute a tonal change to exactly one element (e. g. fingerwood board) is holding EVERYTHING else constant. I have NEVER seen this done by anyone. Yet the Flys (because the all follow the same basic design) offer excellent possiblities to actually do these comparisons.