Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FS: Red 1997 Fly Classic with Hiscox LiteFlite case, passive mod - $1800  (Read 164 times)

Offline super_fly

This 1998 pre-refined Fly has been re-fitted with all-passive electronics. It has also been modded to accept a Seymour Duncan pickup in the neck position. The *only* permanent mod to the guitar consists of two tiny holes drilled in the body under the neck pickup. (They will not interfere with installing an original Parker pickup).

The guitar can easily be returned to stock condition if you want, as it includes all the original parts. (I used all new pots/parts for the mod.) On the other hand, if you are into the passive electronics thing, the project is almost finished. The final bit would be to deal with the Piezo pickup, which is currently unused. At this point, the guitar is in standard dual-pickup configuration with passive electronics, kind of like a Les Paul.

The finish is in excellent condition except for a scuff on the upper horn and a small chip on the lower one, as well as a couple of tiny belt buckle marks on the back.

As with most of these guitars (I assume) the neck is dead-solid perfect. It’s a Parker Fly thing right?

Includes:

-Hiscox LiteFlite case

-All original parts plus new Dimarzio bridge pickup (updated version for Parker Fly), and modded Duncan 59 pickup in neck position.

-Parker tag, manual, wrenches, tremolo arm, extra tremolo spring, and stereo cord.

I have an excellent rep on ebay where I go by *fair_trade* (100% positive feedback). Happy to verify this ID via message on ebay. If you are interested in the guitar, lets chat via email or phone, etc. I accept Paypal. I’m in Oakland CA in case anyone local is interested. I'm happy to let you demo the guitar in that case. Selling in the US only, please. Not interested in trades.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/f8andshowup/albums/72157697784655605

Thanks,

Jason

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:15:06 PM by super_fly »

Re: FS: Red 1998 Fly Deluxe with Hiscox LiteFlite case, passive mod - $1800

Offline JamieCrain

That’s a beautiful guitar. Good luck with the sale.
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline super_fly

Thanks. It has been a great guitar for me. Selling due to my new love for Fender Duo Sonics, of which I have two. They are about a pound heavier than the Fly, but still okay by my aging frame. They also have a short scale and narrow neck which suits my hands well.

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
Hi Jason,
nice guitar.  Your description isn't quite right, though.  Based on the serial number, you have a '97 Classic, not a '98 Deluxe.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:14:21 PM by ParkerPlayer »
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'98 Fly Classic, Transparent Red
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail

Offline jb63

Plus, I'm pretty sure that's exactly the right price! Good luck with the sale, happy to see you moving on to cheaper guitars!

Offline sybersitizen

True - that's a Classic (mahogany with wood grain visible), not a Deluxe.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Re: FS: Red 1997 Fly Classic with Hiscox LiteFlite case, passive mod - $1800

Offline super_fly

Thanks for the correction!

I have changed the post. Weird how the guitar is technically a 1997 by the serial number, but the ribbon cables are marked 1998.