Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pre-serial# Fly F.S.  (Read 387 times)

Offline marvin jensen

Pre-serial# Fly F.S.
« on: June 20, 2018, 01:11:21 PM »
For sale, a pre-serial number Parker Fly.  Mahogany body, redwood neck,  Gen 1 pickups, all original. This is one that we made early on.  The only difference between this and a production guitar is that the fretboard was glued on using a strip of pre-preg.  It was determined that there was not enough significant difference in the sound to justify the added time/cost.  This one was made when we were still using the dipped 100% polymer primer and House of Kolor paint. (pre PPG)  It was painted as a test for one made for Eddie Van Halen.  black first, then thinned down pearl, then candy red, House of Kolor UFC-1 clear.  It is a dark maroon/to black in off light, flashes of kandy red in direct light.  Only two were made with this custom color, this one and Eddie's.  Excellent condition (one small chip on the back)(can't be repaired without re-painting the entire guitar).  Will be shipped in original gig bag in original Parker shipping box with letter of authenticity.  $5000.00 firm.  Pics on request.  eight two eight. four six seven zero one six seven

Re: Pre-serial# Fly F.S.

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 10:15:11 AM »
Hi Marvin,
that sounds pretty cool.  I assume it is a hard tail?
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'98 Fly Classic, Transparent Red
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail

Offline marvin jensen

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »
Yes, That's all we made at first.  This one is '92 or '93, don't remember exactly.  Everything else we made then was white.

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:01:56 PM »
I'd like to see photos of the guitar.  I'm sure that others here would too.
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'98 Fly Classic, Transparent Red
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail

Offline stNbc

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 03:27:11 PM »
Hey there,

Does the neck have a truss rod?
really?

Offline marvin jensen

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 10:06:12 AM »
Yes of course it has a truss rod.  There is a rumor floating around that the early ones did not have a truss rod. 
That it totally false!!!  A few of them failed because a idiot employee was only crimping one end of the truss rod but I think all of those were caught before they left the plant.

Offline marvin jensen

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 10:21:23 AM »
I will post pics later (If I can) when I get time to shoot them.  However, it looks much like any other Parker Fly hardtail except for the color.  Also the edges of the fretboard and fret ends are better than most because I did it myself.  The Parker logo on the headstock is gold instead of white.  The BHCS (button head cap screws) holding the saddles on are black oxide (stainless came later).  Although the photos won't show it the neck has a nicer (IMO) profile because I sanded the neck blank myself.  Even small changes in the neck profile make a huge difference in feel, they aren't all EXACTLY the same becuse they are hand sanded after the CNC machining.

Offline marvin jensen

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »
P.S.  And no serial number.  The serial numbers were applied on the paint under the clear.  They are INT's  (transfer type)

Offline marvin jensen

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 10:29:54 AM »
2nd P.S.  The first ones used a black oxide allen bolt for the truss rod adjustment.  Later Fly's used a stainless torx screw

Offline billy

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 08:24:04 AM »
Wow. Sounds cool!
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]