Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: parker fly pre-refined schematic  (Read 147 times)

Offline jaschoon

parker fly pre-refined schematic
« on: June 25, 2018, 07:07:35 PM »
hello:

does anyone happen to have a schematic for a pre-refined parker fly? i have two of the older ones (i think they are deluxes, one a '95 the other 2000-ish) and need help in understanding which parts i need when something goes wrong.

any help would be appreciated x10^15.

:)

JS
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:08:09 PM by jaschoon »

Re: parker fly pre-refined schematic

Offline jaschoon

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 10:05:51 AM »
so i found a number of images with parker schematic diagrams that i thought others could use. i cant figure out how to post them in a thread, tho. can anyone help with that?

:-\

js

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »
You need to use a photo-hosting site to post pictures.  Otherwise, post links to the schematics you found.
What are you trying to resolve?
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »
so i found a number of images with parker schematic diagrams that i thought others could use.

These ... ?

'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline jaschoon

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 01:40:39 PM »
Patzag: my guitar guy is looking for any/all parker technical/schematic drawings in case one of my parkers has an issue.

sybersitizen: i had one of these, but the other is a fantastic add- thanks!

i also found some additional parker diagrams here:
http://www.jmstaehli.com/guitar_css.html

there are images referencing flex-tape wiring, hand-wiring to replace a torn circuit tape, reducing the controls to recycle components or remove redundancy. that link may be good enough since we cant post images directly to this site.

:)

thanks,
js

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 05:41:52 PM »
i also found some additional parker diagrams here:

http://www.jmstaehli.com/guitar_css.html

there are images referencing flex-tape wiring, hand-wiring to replace a torn circuit tape, reducing the controls to recycle components or remove redundancy.

Hmmm ... It turns out that JMStaehli has been a forum member here since 2008, but has only made two posts in all that time:

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=3010

I don't remember where I got that schematic with the huge Parker watermark from, but I assumed it was an official company product. Very surprised to see it - and those other schematics - there.

His situation with the non-grounded saddles seems to have been an anomaly. As far as I can tell, my identical saddles are grounded internally, independent of the strings. A definitive test will have to wait until I'm ready to do a complete string change.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 06:29:38 PM »
As far as I can tell, my identical saddles are grounded internally, independent of the strings. A definitive test will have to wait until I'm ready to do a complete string change.

For now, I found a way to insulate all the strings from the saddles. The continuity between any saddle and the collar of the output jack reads 0.3 ohms. I guess that's grounded.

Oops! I misunderstood the first time I checked this out. I was testing the main body of the saddle; but JMStaehli's observations about the BUTTON on which the strings actually rest match my findings. There's a whole lot of resistance between that part and ground ... something I didn't know before. The strings are necessary to properly complete the circuit to ground via the ball end in contact with the bridge.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:03:18 PM by sybersitizen »

Offline billy

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 08:22:30 AM »
Iirc the preref have a little buss bar pcb on the underside of the bridge for one side of the piezos. the other side of each goes to a corner blob as ground. A coax is soldered to the buss and ground that feeds into the cavity.

The ghost system runs all the wires into the cavity and ties the piezos together with a header connector.

Why do you want to insulate them?
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 01:36:34 PM »
Why do you want to insulate them?

Me? I did it in order to test the claim on that referenced website that his saddles were not grounded except by contact with the strings.