Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [SOLD] 2008 Parker Fly Deluxe in Tangerine  (Read 675 times)

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
[SOLD] 2008 Parker Fly Deluxe in Tangerine
« on: July 09, 2018, 10:47:41 AM »
However much I may dislike the fact that I don't play nearly enough to warrant having two Parkers it's still a fact.
My main guitar (Parker DF845 Custom) barely gets any action and this one deserves to be played and not kept in its case as backup.

That's why I consider selling my 2008 Parker Fly Deluxe in Tangerine.
Ideally to someone on the forum (no other posts out there for now).
I am in no hurry at all.

My original post from December 2008 when it was delivered has other pictures and even more are scattered across many topics. You can find quite a few audio clips with different amps and comparison recordings after I got my DF845 Custom in 2011 in the Post Your Parker Sound Clips and Amp Discussion sections if you're curious enough to look for my old posts, typical Deluxe upper mid spike that will cut through almost any mix included.

The guitar is in great shape. A tiny bit of paint on the back of the headstock decided to jump ship when I accidentally tackled another guitarist, one scratch next to the bridge only really visible under certain lighting or when you know it's there, minimal pick marks, some occasional buzzing on the high E string that should be fixable with the appropriate nut file and a few seconds of work.

Case and original candy included of course, it's set up for D'addario .009s with a 9 spring and had only very rarely any tame vibrato usage.

I haven't even thought about a price yet but expect it to be realistic and close to similar instruments on the used market.
Friends and family bonus for old forum regulars of course. 8)

I'm in Graz, Austria. Take that into account when thinking about shipping.

Anyone interested? Just don't get mad if I change my mind. This is hard. :-\

Greetings...
Nef
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:24:56 AM by Nefarius »

Re: Feeler / Probably FS: 2008 Parker Fly Deluxe in Tangerine

Offline yucafrita

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:05:46 PM »
Hi,

the fact that you are in Austria makes me interested. I am in Germany, so no headaches about customs.

Do you have some pictures of the scratch and the paint chip?

I havent thought of a price, though.

PS: I am new in this forum because I was looking about information what's the matter with Parker and now, and oh, well. I have to look for used guitars...

Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
Andreas

Offline Tangerine~Fly

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 01:08:50 PM »
Absolutely beautiful Fly Nef, in what is easily the coolest Fly color ever.

I believe I’m at least partially responsible for your “tangerine” affliction.   8)

Allow me to briefly explain without hi-jacking your PSA thread. 

My dead mint white, 1996 Fly Deluxe suffered a bad accident (while on its stand of all places) that chipped it and essentially ruined the finish over most of the guitar – it changed its color.  After I could start breathing normally again, I called Parker’s service, they agreed to re-paint it any color I wanted.  ANY color.  After just having seen a Lamborghini with this color in real life, I knew it had to be painted in  HOK Lamborghini Tangelo Pearl.  Paint was expensive as heck, but well worth it.

Parker performed the “refined” upgrades to it, plugged a knob hole and refinished the guitar.   They were amazed at how the color turned out and said it looked about an inch deep.  In fact, they loved the color so much they added it to their finish arsenal.  It’s the only 1996 like it and it’s still an incredible guitar.

I still have mine – hence my forum name and it will be one of the last to go, heaven forbid it gets to that point!

This color is even better looking in real life – best of luck with the sale.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:21:18 PM by Tangerine~Fly »
1996 Tangerine Fly Deluxe

Offline Mr303

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 05:12:50 PM »
Tangerine baby!
Nice axe Nef.
Good luck!
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain

Offline Big Swifty

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 05:35:51 PM »
That's a beauty!

Yeah, good luck Nef!

(And cool story @Tangerine~Fly)

B.S.
94 Fly Deluxe
2010 DF 524
The system can't get you in your dreams.

Offline joedreamliner777

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 07:23:46 PM »
Wow that is a beauty! Tangerine is incredible color! I have 2008 fly in pearl white and also a 98 fly in teal mist. I don't know what us music corp did but the guitars from 03 and up just do not feel right and they used switches that fail at least in my 08 they did. I replaced them with C&K switches and never had an issue. I love the color and if it was predefined Ken Parker guitar I would make a great offer!

Offline TheGrail

• Lifelong guitar synth guy
    • My soundcloud (hours of fusiony fun, all played on Parkers)
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 12:25:57 AM »
Nef,
As you know, I also have a Tangerine Mojo. I can only offer my experience on having sold a cherry red mahogany Classic to a friend back in the late 90's.  I didn't have to sell it, the friend was in love with it and I didn't play it that much. So I sold it.

I've regretted it ever since.

Roy

93 Deluxe, 97 FrankenFly, 98 Deluxe w/GK pickup, 98 Deluxe w/no electronics, 03 Mojo

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 06:24:52 AM »
Okay... I just opened the case, probably for the first time in over a year, I can't remember.
In best Parker tradition the guitar was almost perfectly in tune even though the strings are probably from 2015. 8)

I was unable to find a scratch next to the bridge like I mentioned in my initial post. Must have buffed itself out with regular cleaning/polishing.
These are the blemishes in close ups as requested.

The pick marks, especially the bigger/wider one in the middle reminded me of experimenting with a large carbon fiber pick I thought would go well with a carbon fiber reinforced guitar. Turned out it was harder than the finish but also turned to black unhealthy dust on my fingers and between the pickups, so I got rid of it soon. The picture is taken from the angle and with lights the pick marks are most noticeable. From a regular distance you have to know they are there to notice them. I would guess most of them could be buffed out.

The chipped paint spots on the headstock were smaller than I remembered. The other guy and his Telecaster took most of the damage. :P

The spots on the front are only visible up close and personal from an angle. On a stage under lights it looks like a reflection if it's noticeable at all.

Greetings...
Nef

Offline yucafrita

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 03:07:25 AM »
Ah, the scratches arent too bad. I also think this can be buffed out. The chips are no issue, I would think.

I am still interested, so if you decide to sell it, please pm or email me.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Offline jb63

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »
Man... if you have the $, keep that guitar!

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 06:49:14 AM »
yucafrita you have a PM.

And I thought about keeping it, don't worry jb63. It's not directly a money thing but I'd rather spend some on other toys I'll actually use than save for them with a great guitar that never gets played staying in its case.

Greetings...
Nef

Offline yucafrita

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 10:27:10 AM »
Thanks Nef, just PM'ed you.

Re: [SOLD] 2008 Parker Fly Deluxe in Tangerine

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 02:36:06 AM »
Payment was there yesterday evening, all packed up last night, ready for heading to the DHL shop before going to work.

Thanks and congratulations to yucafrita! I hope you play it as much as it should be played. Which is more or less all the time. ;D
(I will contact you with tracking information later today.)

Greetings...
Nef

Offline yucafrita

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 05:07:08 AM »
Thanks Nef!

She will have a nice home with some other non-Parker guitars (should take a picture then) and will be played as well.

Cheers,
Andreas