Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Fly Spanish/Nylon, it's here and it's.........  (Read 280 times)

Offline joedreamliner787

Parker Fly Spanish/Nylon, it's here and it's.........
« on: July 27, 2018, 06:37:20 PM »
Finally here! The guitar came and is nearly in immaculate condition! I immediately pulled the old strings off, cleaned the fretboard and restrung it.
This guitar is by far the best nylon string I ever put my hands on. The dynamic range and tonality to adjust bass and treble is just amazing! I used the white bridge shim to lower the action and cannot believe this guitar does not buzz ANYWHERE! The action is ridiculous and the funny thing is the black shim lowers it even more!
Just an FYI I took off the knobs because they have no grip and are just not my taste. I had a spare set of a pre-refined knobs including the concentric and they fit perfectly! The old rubber knobs feel so much better!. The jack was bouncing in and out but I had a spare fishman barrel jack kicking around so I replaced and it's good as new. Best part is the parker flanged jack nut screws right on to the fishman jack. I can barely put it down and it came from the pawn shop in detroit "Hardcore Pawn". I lucked out and got it for steal!  I did of course take pics so please do enjoy them but after this post I will be playing until I need to sleep. It's going to be a fun weekend  :D :D

Re: Parker Fly Spanish/Nylon, it's here and it's.........

Offline jb63

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 12:09:54 AM »
That makes me happy like a little girl!
Put those strings to work!

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 01:36:58 PM »
Wow ...

Just wow!
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 08:42:40 PM »
I found an interesting fact. Apparently the spanish fly was made when Ken owned parker and then the nylon fly when it was reproduced 2003+ was from from US Music Corp. to my understanding. By the serial number on mine being 6 digits and ending with a "9"mine was built 1999. By this it seems I have a spanish fly on my hands  8)