Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another new owner here  (Read 622 times)

Offline yucafrita

Another new owner here
« on: July 30, 2018, 08:46:53 AM »
Hi,

the other day I had an excellent deal with Nefarius from this forum. I purchased his Parker Fly Deluxe in a gorgeous tangerine color. What a beauty she is. Some crackle in the piezo switch, which, at some point, I might change and I already noted that the paint might be fragile.

I like the look of the Fly and I am pleased with the tone. Too bad that so many people cant settle with this guitar.

Whatever, I have seen this guitar first in the hands of Gustavo Cerati, a late rock musician from Argentina. I suppose none of you ever heard of him. He also played PRS (a mutifoil) and G&L. Strangely, I also have PRS and G&L in my stable.  :o I love his music and surely this influences my choice.

Apart from that, these guitars just are amazing.

I hope that the Fly resurrects... But I have my doubts...

Cheers, Andreas

Re: Another new owner here

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »
Welcome to the family.   Most of us are left over from the old days so it is nice to "see" a new face on the forum.

I know that the Parker brand is now on the selling block so there's no telling where this will go.
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline Big Swifty

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 08:03:00 PM »
That tangerine Fly is a lovely looking guitar, congrats and enjoy!

B.S.
94 Fly Deluxe
2010 DF 524
The system can't get you in your dreams.

Offline yucafrita

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 05:35:36 AM »
Thanks a lot!  :)

I was looking at the Fly several years ago already but there werent many used ones at that time and the new ones were too expensive for me. But some weeks ago it bite me again. I much prefer S-type guitars now, ie double cut, including PRS. Whether SSS or HSS or HH, with or without trem, thats a bit of taste and different pickups. But this is so much more comfortable for me. The Fly is another bonus due to its weight and I actually really like the look.

I have tried LP but thats not my cup of tea, except one Epiphone LP in a stunning sparkling green, from Korea. Needless to say, its the same model another of my guitar heroes used. You wont know him either, another Argentinian, Richard Coleman.

I see a pattern here, that I follow  ;D

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 07:23:25 AM »
Thanks for the smooth transaction! Still waiting for the updated family picture with your G+L, PRS, and the Tangerine addition. 8)

Greetings...
Nef

Offline yucafrita

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »
Here's a picture of the gang...

From left to right: PRS Custom 24, Parker Fly Deluxe refined, Epiphone Les Paul (Korea), G&L Legacy Tribute HSS (Indonesia). Love them all.

Cheers,
Andreas
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:08:20 AM by yucafrita »

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 08:13:45 PM »
Congratulations on your latest addition to the guitar collection !  The orange really completes the color spectrum.
I too have a PRS Custom 22, Fly Deluxe and used to own a G&L Legacy.  Very nice choices.
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'98 Fly Classic, Transparent Red
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail

Offline yucafrita

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 01:31:37 AM »
Thanks!

I could possibly not rave too much about the Fly. This guitar is just so comfortable! Either sitting or standing, it balances perfect. The neck is so easy to play. I didnt think this was possible.

Second to none, I'd say. The PRS is next, then G&L. This is ascending order for the weight, too. The Epi is last place regarding weight and comfort, but has a stunning green sparkle paint, which is not good reproduced in the picture. It's a rare beast, seldomly sold. I was lucky to find that one. Never seen another green sparkle Epi LP ever since. Has good tones in it,

However, the Fly reigns the bunch.

That said, I dont understand why so many people rant about Fly or G&L regarding the tone or headstock, for example. The G&L PTB is Leo Fender's answer to his original "crappy" tone circuit. The PTB is so useful and has plenty of tones in it. I assume, the people ranting about it just dont understand how to turn a knob. Same for Fly tones. This thing is sweet. You can even jazz or blues it. Just turn the knobs.

And the headstocks. How many people "hate" the headstock design of Fly or G&L or Epi. As if the headstock plays the guitar. They dont even see it when hitting the strings. Apart from that, I like the designs.  :D

If you think that rock'n'roll was about revolutionizing the music and nowadays the people are stuck in conservatism regarding guitars... Not quite open-minded...

I really hope the Fly returns...

Offline billy

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 09:34:10 AM »
congrats- that's a nice collection!
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline TheGrail

• Lifelong guitar synth guy
    • My soundcloud (hours of fusiony fun, all played on Parkers)
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 11:05:20 PM »
Glad to see Nef's tangerine found a good home and will get played.  Congrats!
93 Deluxe, 97 FrankenFly, 98 Deluxe w/GK pickup, 98 Deluxe w/no electronics, 03 Mojo

Offline yucafrita

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 05:27:24 AM »
Thank you all!  :D

Offline meltedbuzzbox

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 02:18:51 PM »
Wow, that tangerine fly looks amazing

I am desperately trying to find one. I hope I am lucky enough to find one as cool as that tangerine one