Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: hello.. i am new.. can someone help with a parker i just purchased..  (Read 214 times)

Offline guitarsjm

hello all..
i am new here and to owning a parker, so please be gently with me and forgive me if i posted this in the wrong place.  if there was a 'what year/model/identification parker you have' type sticky would sure be of help! lol.  Anyway, i purchased a parker... i have always wanted one and this one came up in my price range...

i am so confused as to models, rather, which model, exactly, is the one i purchased. the person i bought it from said it was a nitefly mojo...i have looked and looked and amazingly, THIS youtube vid is the exact, seemingly so, guitar i have. The control layout and finish are same as mine... here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nlnUaJbtOI

some pics:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19hG_55nS5fGcP6v8gPsNilbd4frINtfZ1A
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w14nD2A8Eb4SJsnA_95CygXGyREPGXsQ2w
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G_IU32CI1tywNezTY-0wIdJB9Aj5qM0Ftw

my the headstock says "Parker' with 'guitars' beneath that. my serial # is P0702162.  it plays awesome. but it would help if i knew how to setup/use this trem and i cant because i have no idea what model/year to look for! i thank you beforehand and will do my best to be active here as well.

p.s. my 9v battery compartment is NOT part of the main back plate, its off to the upper left when looking at it from behind
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 01:13:48 PM by guitarsjm »

Re: hello.. i am new.. can someone help with a parker i just purchased..

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »
i am so confused as to models, rather, which model, exactly, is the one i purchased. the person i bought it from said it was a nitefly mojo...

It doesn't look like a Mojo to me, but I dunno. What you have appears to be a NiteFly-M. See some photos here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nitefly-m&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKuOmHsIbdAhWMCTQIHeXUAogQ_AUICygC&biw=1269&bih=790

my the headstock says "Parker' with 'guitars' beneath that. my serial # is P0702162.

Probably made in 2007. You can download the 2007 catalog (and others) from the Parker website and read about it:

http://www.parkerguitars.com/support/catalogs/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:54:54 PM by sybersitizen »
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline guitarsjm

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
thank you syber...

i was told it was a nite fly mojo.... didnt know anybetter i guess.. i tried looking in the catalog for 2007 and could not find the same finish, or lack of a finish. but i trust you all here.  i am still happy with it. were there, if you know, were there any downsides to this model? did it lack anything significant playwise, in comparison to the other models for, as you say, 2007?  in the meantime, i will go and 'verbally beat up' the one who sold it to me swearing it was a nitefly mojo. lol. i will deal with it. just didnt want to feel as if i got tooooo ripped. paid 1200 for it. its a beautiful guitar and plays / sounds amazing.  which after all, is what counts.  it isnt, for lack of a better word, a crap, low line model i hope.  other than the duncans in the mojo and mine with the dimarzio's, were there any other differences/advantages/disadvantages with respect to a mojo? everything else between the two seem equal. the catalog really doesnt give too much on spec layout comparisons... again, i humbly thank you for your astute teachings. thank you again....

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »
i tried looking in the catalog for 2007 and could not find the same finish, or lack of a finish.

To be absolutely safe, I'll modify my earlier statement to say it doesn't look like a Mojo to me. Your photos seem to match up better with the NiteFly-M ... but I only have photos to look at, not an actual guitar.

were there, if you know, were there any downsides to this model? did it lack anything significant playwise, in comparison to the other models for, as you say, 2007?

Every model has pros and cons, but be assured the NiteFly-M and Mojo both have many enthusiastic advocates. Ultimately, if you like what you have, that's all that really matters.

in the meantime, i will go and 'verbally beat up' the one who sold it to me swearing it was a nitefly mojo. lol.

Could be right, or could be just honest lack of exact knowledge. That's quite common with regard to Parker instruments.

I can't even say what is significantly different between the Mojo and the M other than the finish, so will refer you again to the catalogs. As to further details like pickup sound differences, etc., I'm not your answer guy. There are other longtime members here who specialize in that kind of thing, and they'll probably drop in. I'm always happy with whatever the creators chose to put into my guitars ... although I certainly tweak and optimize what's there. If I'm still not happy after all that, I get rid of the whole thing.  Not many people resort to that with a Parker.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 06:59:14 AM »
The difference between a M and  Mojo are the pickups and a chunkier neck, the Nitefly M, which it kinda looks like you have, has DiMarzio pick ups and chunkier neck. If you wish you restore the finish I believe, big believe, tung oil will do. The original finish is a rubbed on stain with a wax finish.

I've always wanted to try a M, my mojo Nitefly is just crazy bright, and I've never really clicked with it. I don't know of anything wrong with the model. Niteflys in general have a thicker neck...sorry had:(

To be honest, the M and the Mojo are easy to get mixed up. Don't be too hard on him. I even thought the Mojo and M in the natural finish were the same kind of finish. It is all a learning curve.
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!