Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2010 Dragon fly custom? Help?  (Read 998 times)

Offline Geetarz

2010 Dragon fly custom? Help?
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »
Hi Folks,

I would love to attach photos but can't seem to find an upload function...call me not-so-tech-savvy...

I acquired a Parker a few years back on trade and was told it was a 'Dragonfly Custom'.  I know Parker and then USM did quite a bit of customized stuff so I'm wondering if anyone's ever heard of the following description:

- I believe it was made in 2010 (serial is 10100** with MADE IN USA stamp"
   - matte silver Sperzel tuner - all other hardware is complete black (knobs, switches and piezo bridge)
   - 2 Seymour Duncan pickups (control layout like a Parker DF842)
   - Tobacco burst like a DF824TS
   - came in the rectangular fitted hardshell case with the Parker Guitars in gold on it)

It looks like a cross between the DF842 and DF824 but with a bolt-on neck.  Does that seem like it's something possible?  It's a really cool axe and in flawless condition but it sits around and I'm considering trading or selling it so I'm just trying to get as much information as possible...

Thanks,
Geetarz

Re: 2010 Dragon fly custom? Help?

Offline billy

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 06:21:26 PM »
It could be a Df724, all the df series except the 800s were bolt on.

Don’t know that much about the bolt ons but I really like my df835.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline Geetarz

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 10:14:30 AM »
Thanks Billy! That is the one it looks very much alike it's just the pickup and control configuration that are different...maybe I'll just consider it a DF724 custom or Dragonfly Custom as the guy referred to it as.

Thanks again!

Offline jester700

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 11:06:41 AM »
There was a DF722FR that sounds like your description, except with a Floyd Rose bridge. I think yours would best be described as a custom FR722 due to the 2 pickups, but it's kind of a gray area, being customized.

Offline Geetarz

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 10:26:28 AM »
Thanks Jester!  Looking through the online stuff again, the layout is more or less identical to an RF722(knobs, switches, piezo bridge and Duncan's)...but it's got the flame-top/'modern' body.
Value of these guys seems to be all over the board (I see the DF7** as low as $1000 and up above $4000  :o ) and the trade I was considering can't work without knowing a fair value.  Same if I were to sell it.
I have another that needs quite a bit of work (I believe it is a Fly Mojo in natural mahogany) and this custom whateveritis is in absolutely mint condition that I figured it was the more sensible to consider trading out.  Ah well, maybe I'll keep both  :P

Thanks Folks

Offline mmmmgtr

• http://www.righthandred.com
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »
What's up with the Mojo? I might be interested.

Offline Geetarz

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »
Sorry mmmmgtr, I'm keeping it for sure...and it's quite badly mangled.  No fingerboard or truss, a big gouge out of the back of the neck and a crack in the trem pocket then subsequent finishing work.  I'm a luthier and rather looking forward to getting at the repair at some point but I have lots of customer work to get done before I even start down that road...

Offline mmmmgtr

• http://www.righthandred.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 03:25:46 PM »
ok, thanks and good luck.

I would think,  IMHO, that your DF7* is probably worth about $1500. I just purchased a Mojo Holoflake for $2K - a good deal. I've seen DF7*s actually sell for $1200 to $1800. This is just my take,  YMMV....