Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Fly Classic 2001 & Boss WL-50?  (Read 646 times)

Offline billy

Re: Parker Fly Classic 2001 & Boss WL-50?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 11:58:05 AM »
yeah I can appreciate the desire to not use a short cable.  Good luck and keep us posted. 

There may be a way to add additional shielding to the cavity that could help eliminate any induced whine in the wireless, but first step is to get one and try it as is.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline KP

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 03:12:05 PM »
Hi folks,

Well I ordered the Boss WL-50 soon after the last post and the delivery delay was long (but there was a 15% one-off coupon discount from this particular supplier!). That was then extended again to next March! Looking around I saw that many other suppliers were also awaiting delivery. I wonder what the problem is...

In the meantime I'd researched a bit more what other users thought of the WL-50 and was left wondering if the guitar signal would stay as clean as I want it. Yes, I do use overdrive but I also like to play clean with a little reverb and sometimes delay or tremelo. So, as the quality of sound is important to me (and I wouldn't want to spend a lot more money on a wireless system - I was keen on a simple plug and play anyway) I've decided just to stick with my trusty cables!

However, I may be tempted to try the Line6 Relay G10 if they come out with a Mk II version replacing that USB connector with something stronger.

Thanks again for all your comments,

KP

Offline dspiffy

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 03:56:48 PM »
I find my signal is actually cleaner using the XVIVE.  I think it provides some natural compression.