Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Identifying Guitar  (Read 1119 times)

Offline jbrian

Identifying Guitar
« on: December 23, 2018, 12:26:53 AM »
Hi,

Please forgive one of the most oft-asked questions on here (possibly). I bought a used Parker Fly a few years ago and was told in was a 2003 Mojo. The SN is P1002003.

Somewhere else on here indicates that after 2006 they started using a P w/ a 7 digit number. The first 2 are the year, which would make it 2010. Then the next two are supposed to be the month (Feb). Then the next to the day (00), which doesn't make sense. Then the last is the number of the guitar made that day. I am suspicious of this given the 00 day. It also has MM before the USA, which I understand to be mahogany for both the neck and fretboard.

Can someone please help me identify the year and confirm the model? I can't figure out how to upload a pic but it has the old style headstock.

Thanks,
Brian
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 02:02:09 AM by jbrian »

Re: Identifying Guitar

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 01:42:32 AM »
Might just have been an error in the application of the number. Not the first time we've seen something like that.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »
Why doesn’t have written USA between MM and FlyGuitar?

Sometimes the people who applied the decals on the guitars made mistakes. I suppose that's what happened.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 06:28:08 PM »
Can someone please help me identify the year and confirm the model?

Hi Brian, yes it is a Mojo which is uniquely identified by the "MM" wood code.  It means neck and body are Mahogany.
I don't know what year.
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'98 Fly Classic, Transparent Red
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail