Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Regrettably thinking of selling my 2011 DF-724  (Read 379 times)

Offline axejock

Regrettably thinking of selling my 2011 DF-724
« on: November 02, 2018, 02:24:33 PM »
I know that this is not the place to post items for sale, but I am just "thinking about" about selling my recently acquired, US made (in the original Parker plant), DF-724 due to an unexpected need for cash. I have written extensively about it on this forum and it is probably one of the nicest guitars I've ever owned. This guitar was bought new in 2012 by a friend of mine from Sweetwater Music. He used it very lightly and then got very sick, which is when I bought it from him. The guitar literally looks and performs like brand new. It has the "Blackburst" finish on it which is mint and  gorgeous and is totally factory stock including the Seymore Duncan Magnetic pickups in HSS configuration, the Fishman Piezos, the 5-way mag selector switch and the 3-way mag/piezo/or both switch and a tone control that will split the bridge Mag to single coil. It has the 5-way bolt on radial neck. It has Sperzal locking tuners, perfect neck, stereo output jack with stereo cable, factory Parker hardcase, and the factory tremolo bar. It is one sweet guitar. (you can look it up in the 2011 Parker guitar catalogue that is online). I'm thinking of asking $2250 for it if I decide to sell. Any interest within this group and is that a decent price? Responses appreciated.

Re: Regrettably thinking of selling my 2011 DF-724

Offline axejock

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 12:41:38 PM »
I hereby withdraw this posting. I got the Parker out last night and played it for quite a while....no way I could actually sell this thing! It really is a wonderful guitar that I NEED to keep! I guess I lost my head there for a minute?

Offline jb63

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »
Haha! I do that all the time!

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 05:42:09 PM »
It’s hard to part with an instrument; amps, effects, other gear can all go with some ease, but instruments take some real thought! Glad your hanging onto it!
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info

Offline Mr303

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »
It really is a wonderful guitar that I NEED to keep!

As in?

My wife told me I pay more attention to the Parker’s than to her and if it didn’t stop she was leaving me and taking the cat.

Think I’ll miss that cat.

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain

Offline mikkelkasper

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »
I hereby withdraw this posting. I got the Parker out last night and played it for quite a while....no way I could actually sell this thing! It really is a wonderful guitar that I NEED to keep! I guess I lost my head there for a minute?

Haha, goodness, guys had not even replied to your post, that was fast.. maybe you finally got some notes right.. i find myself cursing and wanting to sell my guitar after failing to play it well all the time..