Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New fly coming! Fly supreme 1998 Trans Honey like new.  (Read 320 times)

Offline joedreamliner787

New fly coming! Fly supreme 1998 Trans Honey like new.
« on: December 17, 2018, 10:27:33 PM »
I stepped in luck once again. About 5 months ago I was able to get a Spanish Fly and I saw a Parker Fly Supreme on Ebay. 100% mint condition, never played, no nics, no scratches no swirls and all orignal case candy. Being the body is made of maple and a maple top I am looking forward to seeing how this sounds. Should be here next week and I will post pics. I did pay 4990.00 for it but considering the new condition it's worth every penny.

Re: New fly coming! Fly supreme 1998 Trans Honey like new.

Offline jb63

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 11:17:32 PM »
That's close to what they went for new-- they might even have been more! So its 1998 in your house!

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 11:32:33 PM »
Congrats!
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 12:30:30 PM »
Congratulations!   I think I saw that one on Ebay, it looked beautiful.   I bought a supreme about a year ago, which is also beautiful.  It has nice sustain and the smoothest whammy action of all my Flys. 
I hope you enjoy your new axe !
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'98 Fly Classic, Transparent Red
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 02:06:00 PM »
Thanks everyone, she will be arriving tomorrow and I will post pics. I listed my 94 deluxe euro red with midi on Reverb.
It has the orignal Fishman electronics and a ghost hexpander for midi. Asking 2050 for it and it's in really good condition and plays like butter.

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 02:08:41 PM »
Congrats!

Is that your fly in the profile pic? I love ice blue burst!

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 04:53:31 PM »

Thanks! Yes it is—I actually have two Flys in this color! :)
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 05:44:46 PM »

Thanks! Yes it is—I actually have two Flys in this color! :)

That color is gorgeous and I also love the reverse ice blue burst. I asked Sharon at Shazrock guitars how much she would change me to do an ice blue burst on my fly classic that is currently teal and she quoted me 700. She did two repainted for me including my 7 string dragon fly in candy lime green. Her attention to detail is 2nd to none.

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 06:09:22 PM »
Very cool! Would love to see pictures of that!

Yes, the Fly in the photo is of my very first Fly, a Mojo I ordered new from the factory—at the time, I didn’t realize that my custom order of that color (which was a standard color available for the Deluxe) was deviating from the usual semi-transparent paint jobs they did on Mojos to showcase the mahogany woodgrain. I suppose if I ever wear the paint down, the woodgrain will start to appear  :P

Glad to know that Shazrock is able to recreate some of these cool paint jobs!

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 09:23:20 PM »
Very cool! Would love to see pictures of that!

Yes, the Fly in the photo is of my very first Fly, a Mojo I ordered new from the factory—at the time, I didn’t realize that my custom order of that color (which was a standard color available for the Deluxe) was deviating from the usual semi-transparent paint jobs they did on Mojos to showcase the mahogany woodgrain. I suppose if I ever wear the paint down, the woodgrain will start to appear  :P

Glad to know that Shazrock is able to recreate some of these cool paint jobs!

The mahogany body sure is nice. My 7 string Parker is Mahogany neck and body so it sounds very full. Though it's a US Music Corp guitar it was built in the custom shop. It's a lottery with the US Music Corp Fly's. Some are great with no issues and some are just subpar and I believe it was because they were deviating from doing things by hand using CNC machines which were still being fine tuned. I had an 08 Galaxy Gray brand new from the factory with two high frets and sustain was gone after about 5 seconds unless you touched the headstock to something solid like a wall then it would resonate.

Sharon can do anything with paint and was a former painter at Parker Guitars. She has rolls of the fret markers that are laid under the clear and she also puts the serial number back on under the clear as well. She does full factory refinishes. I will post some pics of the lime green tomorrow when I post pics of the Supreme fly. Just look for it in the custom forum. I will do two seperate posts. I could easily flip the 7 string for 5-6k because I installed a midi system in it. Best thing about it is since I installed the kit and then took it out for repaint there is no bare wood where I cut the jack in. She painted all of it and it looks like a factory job even inside the holes of the switches. I have about 40 of the original rubber parker knobs I bought and lot on Ebay and I modified a few to fit my parker 7. I have been through countless 7 strings ESP FR-7, Jeff Loomis JL-7s, Ibanez RGD3127 and a custom Kiesel none of which come anywhere near the Parker. These guitars are very special to me and deserve to be taken care of. They are truly a work of art combined with engineering that was decades ahead of it's time.

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 09:36:44 PM »
I believe it was because they were deviating from doing things by hand using CNC machines which were still being fine tuned.

I think you're right.

I will post some pics of the lime green tomorrow when I post pics of the Supreme fly.

Looking forward to that!

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 04:19:28 PM »
I believe it was because they were deviating from doing things by hand using CNC machines which were still being fine tuned.

I think you're right.

I will post some pics of the lime green tomorrow when I post pics of the Supreme fly.

Looking forward to that!

Started a new post in the Custom Forum for the Kandy Lime Green. Also posted pics of the new supreme and inside the control cavity of the spanish nylon fly. Enjoy!  :D

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »
 :o