Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For all those who want to see inside the control cavity of a Spanish Nylon Fly  (Read 479 times)

Offline joedreamliner787

Hi everyone,
          I took some time and removed the control cavity cover of my Spanish fly so all of you can see how the electronics are wired up. Enjoy!

Re: For all those who want to see inside the control cavity of a Spanish Nylon Fly

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
Cool! Thanks for posting!
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info

Re: For all those who want to see inside the control cavity of a Spanish Nylon Fly

Offline jb63

Thanks!

Offline joedreamliner787

My pleasure guys!

Offline joedreamliner787

Just to let you guys know I just posted in the Tech side of the forum a CAD drawing I did that will allow you to take a ghost hexpander and combine it with a Fishman original pre amp.

Offline Mr303

Joe
What happened? you’re missing all that ribbon cable......

That looks really good, nice uncrowded neatness.
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain

Offline joedreamliner787

Joe
What happened? you’re missing all that ribbon cable......

That looks really good, nice uncrowded neatness.

:) I love that ribbon cable. Practically noiseless. I was surprised when I opened up to tweak the pots to find no ribbon cables. I thought for sure it was going to be something of that nature.

Offline daynwarren

Very cool, don't think I've ever seen inside a Nylon.

Looks like the same preamp board of the Bronze/Concert Fly, with the additional of an additional preamp with individual saddle volume adjustments for the nylon's piezo. I didn't know they were selected into 6 different signals then summed (if that is what I am seeing there).

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
Ken once told me that part of the inspiration for the Spanish Fly came from Fishman developing a/this system for nylon string guitars, which was different from the other piezo system they were using in Flys. So cool to have a picture of this; thanks again for posting Joe!
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info

Offline joedreamliner787

My pleasure guys! We should have a dedicated sticky simoneqhere in tech "shows us your control cavity and wiring"

The reason I shared was because I was that person trying to find what parker used for the nylons. Just like when parker did the midi system with the roland gk-3 internal kit I wanted to see how they got that big connector through the holes but didn't have to because I believe they had used a small pcb with soldering points to @
"Splice" it.

Offline joedreamliner787

Very cool, don't think I've ever seen inside a Nylon.

Looks like the same preamp board of the Bronze/Concert Fly, with the additional of an additional preamp with individual saddle volume adjustments for the nylon's piezo. I didn't know they were selected into 6 different signals then summed (if that is what I am seeing there).

You got it! Its 6 different signals and then summed. The range of this guitar is just awesome. You dial in enough bass go the point it sounds like it blow an amp and highs can be dialed in to  Frail ear piercing chimes or a smooth Jazzy tone. Mess with it some more and you get an awesome flamenco sound or a very flat classical guitar sound