Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Fly Mojo Flame Fishman Questions  (Read 50 times)

Offline dtishenkel

Parker Fly Mojo Flame Fishman Questions
« on: February 10, 2019, 12:38:36 PM »
Hello - Recently picked up another Parker Mojo and after about 5 minutes of playing the piezo develops a huge loud noise floor. I sat it down for the night and plugged it back in the following morning and the piezo was whisper quiet for about 7 minutes and then all of a sudden another blast of noise that stayed contstant and would not go away. I am guessing that I have a bad powerchip and will simply order another and solder it in. My first question is does anyone know what shaft size as they come in 3 different ones.  One interesting tidbit was that when I received the guitar the stereo jack was wired backward so that the battery was always on so I swapped the wires so that the battery ground went to the 3rd lug and now the battery only has ground when I plug in the cable. I can't imagine that caused any problem. I also did ground lift and that did not fix any noise issues.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:52:59 PM by dtishenkel »

Re: Parker Fly Mojo Flame Fishman Questions

Offline billy

Re: Parker Fly Mojo Flame Fishman Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 04:28:17 PM »
did you change the battery?  worth trying a fresh one just to be sure. 

measure the hole in the body to determine what shaft size you need.

Double check your solder joints, I had an issue on a non parker that drove me a little nuts a while back, and it turned out to be a cold solder joint.  Worked mostly and then sometimes didn't when I moved a certain way.

Start with the simplest things first, battery, loose wires, bad solder joints, bad grounds, loose saddles (they need pressure for the piezos to work) and then think about replacing parts.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]