Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WTB: Parker Fly Concert  (Read 441 times)

Offline joedreamliner787

WTB: Parker Fly Concert
« on: May 25, 2019, 07:53:26 PM »
Hi everyone, I am looking for a Fly Concert to pair nicely with my 98 Supreme and 99 Spanish Fly. If you have one you are considering selling in excellent condition please send me a PM Not looking for a bronze fly USM. Thank you
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 11:29:56 PM by joedreamliner787 »

Re: WTB: Parker Fly Bronze

Offline daynwarren

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 03:03:43 PM »
Cool !  Just when I thought I'd seen all of the Fly guitars, a new one pops up (the Maple-veneered Bronze in Cognac color).
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail
05' Fly Bronze, Maple Cognac Finish

Offline daynwarren

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 04:30:43 PM »
Cool !  Just when I thought I'd seen all of the Fly guitars, a new one pops up (the Maple-veneered Bronze in Cognac color).

Me too, that is a killer finish, and from a great seller too! Someone will be a lucky Fly Bronze owner soon.

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 11:24:07 PM »

Me too, that is a killer finish, and from a great seller too! Someone will be a lucky Fly Bronze owner soon.

Great looking guitar! I love the color but I can't bring myself to get a US Music Corp guitar. The seller is great person and I hope he sells to someone who will take care of it!

Offline daynwarren

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 10:14:05 AM »
but I can't bring myself to get a US Music Corp guitar

Hope you find a Bronze that makes you happy - I'm curious what drives the aversion to a US Music Corp made Fly if you're willing to share.

Re: WTB: Parker Fly Concert

Offline joedreamliner787

Re: WTB: Parker Fly Concert
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 03:20:26 PM »
but I can't bring myself to get a US Music Corp guitar

Hope you find a Bronze that makes you happy - I'm curious what drives the aversion to a US Music Corp made Fly if you're willing to share.

Sure I am happy to share. I had 3 USM Parker Fly guitars and each had issues. 1 had a high fret, the other sustain issues and the last was electronic problems. The sound and playability is drastically different. I am able to get all of my Ken Parker era flys action dead low and without any buzz. The other problem was USM painted over the nut on both sides so when it splits it starts to chip the paint and if you need to replace the nut you will be taking an exacto blade to it to score it. USM tried to streamline the guitars by going through CNC machining and therefore they were still trying to get the tooling correct and that is why the quality consistency varies in my eyes leaving people who bought USM guitars the beta testers with high price tags. The Ken Parker guitars have been time tested and proven. I hope that helps and thank you for the note