Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker P-38 Replacement Whammy Bar  (Read 335 times)

Offline tyguitaxe

Parker P-38 Replacement Whammy Bar
« on: May 18, 2019, 11:09:34 AM »
Hey guys, so I bought my Parker P-38 used over 10 years ago (my first electric guitar and it's still my favorite) and I've lost the whammy bar as well as the black sleeve that it fit into and I don't know that I ever had the small screw to tighten it. Does anyone know where I might find replacement parts for these pieces? I tried contacting the company that owns Parker and they said they didn't have anything since the guitar is DX'd. I've also reached out to Wilkinson and am awaiting a response from them, but figured I'd be more proactive about it and see if anyone else had thoughts.

Re: Parker P-38 Replacement Whammy Bar

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 12:13:24 PM »
eBay is the best source.

Assuming the P-38 parts are the same as the ones for a refined Fly, the plastic insert is here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REPLACEMENT-WHAMMY-BAR-HOLDER-INSERT-FOR-PARKER-USA-FLY-GUITAR-BRIDGE/183716186259

and the bar itself is here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CHROME-Parker-Fly-Series-whammy-tremolo-bar-for-guitar-with-foam-tip/173628804133

and the set screw is here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Parker-GUITAR-Allen-Screw-To-Hold-WHAMMY-Bar-In-Place-ON-THE-BRIDGE/173848436751

Get them now because they'll only be harder to find in the future.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline nervous

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 07:35:56 AM »
I just purchased an arm for a test for my '00 Nitefly so here's what I can add.  The insert has been addressed above and the Allen screw should be a fairly easy hardware store find since that's just a non-metric set screw, 3/32" as I recall. There are currently two sellers on Reverb that have the same stock Parker arm available, one will sell at $24 shipped if I recall. That said, any standard 3/16" round trem arm will fit that insert and work fine. I purchased a Hipshot version to shorten on eBay for around $10 delivered and it fits perfectly. There are many others as well.

Offline Barry

• Barry Eames, the, um, Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 01:19:57 PM »
Happy to hear you found your replacement parts OK.  ;D

Trem bars are are like the sock that goes missing in the Sunday wash, eh?
Nobody knows where they go, they just leave home and don't leave a goodbye note.

The issue with most bars is not in finding a replacement, there are only so many thread sizes used for these things, and you can easily figure out what fits. No, it's more the angle bends from the bridge to the right hand position in the particular model you're replacing that is the problem. Often the bar fits fine, but it's too high/low etc., to use comfortably.

That's when a vise and Mister Hammer are your friend!  :P
Love one woman, many vintage guitars.
Or...was it the other way around?

PM-20 Hornet Red Bubinga owner & recovering GAS addict