Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: string spacing  (Read 1547 times)

Offline 71vette

string spacing
« on: February 27, 2006, 12:56:38 PM »
I seem to be having a problem with my new supreme. It feels like the high E string is closer to the edge of the neck than it is on my 95 fly classic. It often falls off the edge of the neck with playing on the higher frets make for a horrible sound. Is it possible the nut may be slightly misplaced? Could it be moved upward on the guitar easily? I have never had to do this on my other Parker and am worried about moving the nut on such an exspensive guitar. Have any of you had a like problem could it all be in my head?  71vette 95 Fly classic 2005 supreme.

string spacing

Offline simonlock

string spacing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 02:48:25 PM »
This is more of a topic for the tech section but yes I have the exact same problem with my classic. I at first thought that my nut was miscut but later found that the bridge saddles were actually pulling the strings out of alignment. When I bent down the trem the B and E strings would shift sideways and perfect string alignment would happen but when releasing the trem they would shift back sideways to fit in their respective saddles. This would create a bad pop in the piezos and cause the strings to sound.

I've recently had it shipped off for repairs and would imagine it'll need a bridge. Customer service did tell me that the saddles are somtimes in need of a slight sideways shift but even with all the spaces being taken up I still need another 1/8" of movement to get the high E saddle in alignment! I just hope they don't grind the sides of my saddles to make room.

Hopefully this helps cause when i posted this problem here I had not one response.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:54:57 PM by simonlock »