Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What amp do you use?  (Read 98988 times)

Offline Entropian

What amp do you use?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 02:58:54 PM »
Rivera Knucklehead Reverb 55 watt...  Of course, I'm dying to try out any of the modular Egnater stuff.

What amp do you use?

Offline bean

What amp do you use?
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 05:55:52 PM »
'65 Fender Vibrolux Reverb
THD Uni-Valve with THD 2X12 cab
Fuchs modded Fender Blues DeVille 2X12
the Fuchs is my main amp because it's a pedal loving monster and I'm a pedal addict. ring mods, flangers, phasers and anything else I can get my hands on.
I play a Midifly.

What amp do you use?

Offline gooberizer

What amp do you use?
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 08:16:33 AM »
Howdy, I have had Marshalls up the arse, Mesa Dual Rectifiers and Trem-O-Verbs, Fender Twins and Princetons, Line 6, Kustoms, Ampegs, Peaveys, Yahamas, on and on, dozens of guitars and hundreds of effects, played in live bands for thousands of gigs, have been around musicians and equipment my whole life. Having recently had a major transition in my life I decided to downsize and my experience has taught me to "keep it simple". I have only 2 guitars now, a Nitefly and a PM-10, that I play through my only remaining amp, a Marshall Mode Four, and just a Dunlop Crybaby for effects. I am spoiled on big amps! And for all the solid state amp nay-sayers out there, I think you are limiting yourself by not availing yourself of all the fantastic gear on the market these days. The Parkers through the Mode Four offer a HUGE variety of high quality tones!

What amp do you use?

Offline cycloneshockey

What amp do you use?
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 04:16:54 PM »
Mesa Boogie 1x12 50w combo, 50 caliber, tube amp for the clean/vintage distortion, no effects except some reverb. For the acoustic side i use a Trace Elliot TA100 Concert 1x12 and 2 - 5" 100watt and just a little reverse reverb. I was using a sepereate Boogie 1x12 with some rack effects to get that 2 guitar sound,
 it worked great , but always went back to the Boogie Distortion.

I run the Fly wireless using 2 Shure Div systems. I had a special cable made for the 2 wireless transmitters. Works great.

I have yet to see a store , Guitars Center or Sam Ash ever had a good amp setup to try out the Fly. Parker should have the dealers put a little more effort into it !

Great guitar !  Had mine since the day it was born out of the first 100 made !

What amp do you use?

Offline parkerflymojo

What amp do you use?
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2005, 06:55:39 AM »
Marshall Mode Four right here too.  I use it with my fly mojo for my stuff on stage, and i record with a pod xt.  When you are using a mode four, you truly wouldn't know that its not a full on tube amp.  I know some of you only want a full tube amp, but trust me if you want amazing sounds, get yourself a fly mojo, and get a mode four.

Transparent Cherry Fly Mojo
Transparent Cherry Fly Mojo
Marshall Mode Four Stack
Line 6 Podxt w/FBV floorboard
Fender Fat Strat(never used since i got my mojo)

What amp do you use?

Offline blacken

What amp do you use?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2005, 04:17:44 PM »
I use a ENGL Powerball, running through a Vintage Sunn Cab. -

What amp do you use?

Offline telecasterkid

• http://www.burningindecember.com
What amp do you use?
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2005, 10:36:13 AM »
Thanks Tom for the breakdown on the Stiletto!!! I found out they have one local. I am grabbing my classic and off to try one out.

I'll let you know.

Kevin S.
www.burningindecmber.com
Kevin Schertell
www.burningindecember.com
www.myspace.com/burnin12
CD "No Way Out" Available now!

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
musicboulevard@earthlink.net
Owner/President

What amp do you use?

Offline Worf

What amp do you use?
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2005, 05:56:50 PM »
Hi everybody from merry old England, gor blimey mate have a cup of tea God save the Queen.
I use a Marshall 900 stack or an Ashdown Peacemaker with a Marshall Acoustic amp.

Best Wishes
Worf

What amp do you use?

Offline Kewlpack

• http://www.thestompbox.net
What amp do you use?
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2005, 01:46:11 PM »
I'm in...

Parker P-38 > Boss GT-8 > Fender Stage 1000.

Extreme tonal diversity. What's not to like?!

I agree with the comments on the solidstate amp technology nowdays. It's very good once you hit a certain price point. I haven't had a chance to "seriously" consider a Mode Four yet... but there are many good choices now. I have tried out a Stiletto and LOVED it. Lots of tone!

My 2¢.

Blessings,
~A~

Guitars:
Parker P-38
Ibanez AS83-VLS

Rig:
BOSS GT-8
Fender Stage 1000

What amp do you use?

Offline boomboom

What amp do you use?
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2005, 08:38:12 PM »
For studio I use a sunn t50c or a 77 sunn stagemaster 2x12, for practice I use a sunn sl-60, on stage I use two stagemasters, one 2x12 one 4x10 I usually use a digitech rp10 or rp12 now that I am using parkers, I may be able to cut down because of veriation of tones.

What amp do you use?

Offline kwcabs

• http://www.kwcabs.com
What amp do you use?
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2005, 12:47:11 AM »
Well, I see we have a lot of gear nuts here, and I love it.  I'm new to the forum but not new to Parker.  My name is Kurt Wyberanec, owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  Anyway, I use an awesome burst Supreme, among others, and use two basic setups.  First is a rack setup which runs guitar->ISP Decimator Noise Reduction(The best there is)->Engl E580 Midi Preamp (Amazing)->Roland GP-100->Marshall JMP-1->BBE 482->VHT 2 90 2->one of my own KWCABS signature line 2x12s.  The other amp I use, primarily at home and small venues is a Hughes & Kettner Zentera Combo.  
The Supreme I have is the 1st burst they ever made, and it quite gorgeous, I'll have links up soon.  It has the old Dimarzios, but a friend has a new Mojo with the duncans, and they sound very different, really like em both, so I might have to get a Mojo Custom soon.

Owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  We specialize in making simply the best speaker cabinets out there, constructed out of top-quality hardwoods, standard lines as well as custom work.

Kurt Wyberanec
Owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  We specialize in making simply the best speaker cabinets out there, constructed out of top-quality hardwoods, standard lines as well as custom work.  WWW.KWCABS.COM

Check out my Parker Supreme here www.kwcabs.com/parker%20page.htm

What amp do you use?

Offline telecasterkid

• http://www.burningindecember.com
What amp do you use?
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2005, 07:55:00 AM »
Kurt,
Most impressive cabinets. I love the look of that redwood 2X12. Could that be done in a @X12 vertical?

Thanks,
Kevin S.
Kevin Schertell
www.myspace.com/burnin12
CD "No Way Out" Available now!

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
musicboulevard@earthlink.net
Owner/President

What amp do you use?

Offline Rahab

• http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Sol_Invictus23
What amp do you use?
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2005, 01:21:22 PM »
I'm currently using a Crate GX-140D, which is certainly less than great. It's good as a platform for effects, since the clean channel NEVER distorts, but the overall sound of the amp is incredibly two-dimensional.  

I'm shopping around for a new amp, with the hopes of dropping all of my distortion boxes (though the Shred-o-Matic is monstrous).  

Here are the amps on my shortlist:
Mesa-Boogie DC series (the 30, 50, or 10)
Vox Valvetronix series (probably the 60W VTX)
Ampeg VL series
Peavey 5150 (now 6505)

I'm looking for a good range of gain, because I play in Death Metal, Pop, and Jazz situations.  

Any experience with these amps?  I'm looking for advice.

Guitar: '97 Fly Classic (Stock)
Effects: Snarling Dogs Super-Bawl Whine-o-Wah, EH Big Muff, Akai Shred-o-Matic, Digitech Hyper Phase, Hot Rod Distortion, Digidelay, and Modulator
Amp: Crate GX-140D (save me)
Guitar: '97 Fly Classic (Stock)
Effects: Snarling Dogs Super-Bawl Whine-o-Wah, EH Big Muff
Amp: '84 Marshall JCM 800 50W 1x12"

What amp do you use?

Offline kwcabs

• http://www.kwcabs.com
What amp do you use?
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2005, 07:08:42 PM »
To Rehab, if you're playing metal type music, I have personally found that there are 4 companies that really push out the high gain stuff, Engl, VHT, Hughes & Kettner, and Diezel.  They're all pretty darn expensive, but they can really handle the high gain stuff, and they also all have different tones, so you need to try them yourself to see what suits you.  Not to mention they are all multichannel amps, so you can really nail other tones besides the metal.  Personally I would suggest to try and Hughes & Kettner Zentera or Zenamp, if you're looking for a lot of flexibility.  Some users comment that they don't sound exactly like the 59 Bassman they use or the PLexi head they own.  No modeling amp is going to sound exactly like the tube amp they are trying to, for quite a few reasons, but the Zentera comes closer than any other out there, and definitely sounds the best of them all.  The thing to mention is that every tube amp is going to sound different from piece to piece especially in vintage gear, so H&K found what they considered to be excellent examples of the particular amps and used them as their basis.  Another amp from them is the Triamp MKII which is a 6 channel amp that is excellent, and sounds sort of like a hot rodded Marshall, but with a little of it's own character.  The Engl to me has a sort of 1/2 Marshall 1/2 Mesa feel, a very interesting tone.  The Diezel I haven't have hands on experience with but I do know that it is supposed to have some serious gain and is 4 channels.  The VHT Ultralead, is an incredible sounding 3 channel with a lot of gain and very tight sound.  Take a look, they might be pricey, but they also might replace a lot of gear you already have to defer the cost.  Good luck.

Owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  We specialize in making simply the best speaker cabinets out there, constructed out of top-quality hardwoods, standard lines as well as custom work.  WWW.KWCABS.COM

Kurt Wyberanec

Check out my Parker Supreme here www.kwcabs.com/parker%20page.htm

What amp do you use?

Offline robertdubwise

• http://www.robertdubwise.com
What amp do you use?
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2005, 12:43:09 AM »
I've used the Roland JC 120s and Fender Twins with my Fly Artist and they both sound great.
Hey, how's that xt live? I use the XT with the short board and I was thinking to get the XT Live but haven't made a decision yet. Let me know.........
quote:
Originally posted by NathanO

Good stuff, mnkby. I have got a PODxt LIVE aswell, awesome piece of kit.

NathanO.com - Coming soon!

dubz