Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What amp do you use?  (Read 98328 times)

Offline NathanO

What amp do you use?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2005, 01:29:28 PM »
Well, I was orginally going to get an XT with the short board but then the XT Live came out and looked just as good but simpler!! The PODxt LIVE is great for recording and sounds great, but i think it is just the same as a normal xt but it is just designed differently.

NathanO.com - Coming soon!

Regards,

Nathan

What amp do you use?

Offline Jbaer

What amp do you use?
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2005, 04:07:11 PM »
I connect a stereo TRS Y -cable out of my DigiTeck RP100 modeling pedal and go into a Fender Blues Jr. and either my Vox Cambridge or my Boss  BR1180 DAW and out to 2 PA speakers.  I have COSM insert effects on the 1180 for some terrific sounds

What amp do you use?

Offline shadow

What amp do you use?
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2005, 06:56:02 PM »
Line 6 Vetta for giging, and a Line 6 Spider for rehearsal.  I agree that the Parker/Line 6 combo can't be beat!

What amp do you use?

Offline guitarz333

• http://www.5thavenueonlys.com
What amp do you use?
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2005, 01:04:57 AM »
I have used the parker/line 6 combo for years now, and i was always happy for the most part, but the problem i ran into more often than not was that with the line 6 stuff (or any modeling amp) you can usually get everyones elses sound, but not your own. so i recently switched and went the tube route, and bought myself a VHT hundred/CLX. its not totally balls to the wall metal like the ultra lead, but then again, it distorts enough to cover the headbanger realm with ease. whats funny is that i use it it predominately for the rhthym channel with only slight break up and crunch. however, my amp doesnt have reverb, so its quite shocking to go from having every effect imaginable (in a vetta 2 head) to not having anything at all.

What amp do you use?

Offline AndyI

• andyinnes.com
What amp do you use?
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2005, 03:20:22 AM »
I use a Fly Deluxe (stock) through one of two setups:

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier for the electric pickups with a SPX or TC in the loop of the amp and a SWR California Blonde for the acoustic side, or, in some gear rental situations, Line 6 Flextone II/III for elec. and Trace Acoustic TA100R for piezos.

For clean stuff in studio I combine the pickups and DI mono.

I have used the fly wireless and stereo before, but felt like a trvelling wireless salesman with all that stuff hanging off me.

It's really sweet to throw in a wah-wah only on the electric side - makes for awesome tonal variety.
Solo album Anthems of a Stranger out at www.andyinnes.com or on iTunes

What amp do you use?

Offline Pat Campo

What amp do you use?
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2005, 08:20:34 PM »
i use a mesa maverick class A with el 84s , its got the sickest reverb and does about everything with my setup. i have a parker fly mojo flametop in blueburst. it runs through a bunch of fulltone pedals, choralflange, clyde dx, fat boost, fulldrive 2, and then an electro harmonix 16 second delay. i can get fender bassman tones since its a 4x10 and i get all the cleans, plus it gives the best blues tone, along with a crunchy ballsy and present marshall like sound, you know the jtm 45 style. i get chickin pickin and the acoustic tone through it is like the best. i also had a line 6 vetta 2 but then i realized that modeling is bullbolagna and tubes are the best hands down. im currently looking for a budda superdrive 80 or a soldano slo 100, or possibly a blockhead jtm 45
Parker fly mojo flametop in blueburst is god jr.

What amp do you use?

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
What amp do you use?
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2005, 11:15:55 PM »
"For clean stuff in studio I combine the pickups and DI mono."

you know, my fly is the only solid body guitar i've gotten a decent sound with while recording direct.  i usually do stereo piezo/mag though.

i generally use a mesa boogie dual rectifier for mag and a fender deluxe for piezo, but i'd like to eventually get a roland for a clean sound.

What amp do you use?

Offline right_to_rage

What amp do you use?
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2005, 06:43:50 PM »
Kewlpack I have basically the same setup exept mine goes P38-> 535Q wah-> Fender Stage 1600

What a great amp, im getting the sound i want, now all i need is a big 4x12 cab to add to it [8D].
Guitars:
Parker P-38
Ibanez 7-string Geo
Rig:
Fender Stage 1600, Dunlop 535q Wah

What amp do you use?

Offline bostjan

What amp do you use?
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2005, 07:57:15 PM »
hey right to rage, do you tune your parker in standard?  how does the fender stage hold up to low frequencies? which speakers do you want to use with it?

take care, ~b~

What amp do you use?

Offline right_to_rage

What amp do you use?
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2005, 11:07:52 AM »
Well the amp pretty well handles my 7 string pretty well when I play it so but i usually tune to standard or 1/2 step down.  As for speakers im just using the factory celestions (two g12t-100's).
Guitars:
Parker P-38
Ibanez 7-string Geo
Rig:

What amp do you use?

Offline Kewlpack

• http://www.thestompbox.net
What amp do you use?
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2005, 02:08:26 PM »
The Stage 1000/1600 can get some FAT low end... especially with the DEEP Timbre filter. Then you throw in an extension cab (2 or 4 x12) IN PARALLEL for some huge tone. The G12T-100s are the big brothers of the super popular G12T-75 speakers.

I love mine. It's great. I only wish they would let you switch timbre filters via the footswitch as well as have different DSP settings on a per channel basis - but that is why I have the GT8!

Blessings,
~A~

Guitars:
Parker P-38
Ibanez AS83-VLS

Rig:
BOSS GT-8
Fender Stage 1000

What amp do you use?

Offline bostjan

What amp do you use?
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2005, 06:18:44 PM »
i used to play fender amps when i was younger.  then i bought a seven string and noticed all of the lower notes sounded tinny.  but this was long before the stage 1000 or 1600.  i did notice that the celestion speakers in my fender amp handled the low end very very well though, so i was just wondering.  i've seen the stage 1000 before but i never had a chance to try it out.  i'll definately put it on my list of amps to try.

thanks

What amp do you use?

Offline right_to_rage

What amp do you use?
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2005, 07:15:36 PM »
Kewlpack where would I plug an extension cab into? Would I have to unplug one of the amps speakers or what?
Guitars:
Parker P-38
Ibanez 7-string Geo
Rig:

What amp do you use?

Offline halie-j

• http://www.prething.com
What amp do you use?
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2005, 07:57:04 AM »
Marshall Silver Jubilee & VHT Pittbull

What amp do you use?

Offline Kewlpack

• http://www.thestompbox.net
What amp do you use?
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 10:37:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by right_to_rage

Kewlpack where would I plug an extension cab into? Would I have to unplug one of the amps speakers or what?

It has a dedicated extension speaker jack. The amp will run the 8ohm extension cab in parallel (so you still get the 1000's G12T-100 tone!) and it switches to 160w @ 4ohms. Huge tone.

Blessings,
~A~

Guitars:
Parker P-38
Ibanez AS83-VLS

Rig:
BOSS GT-8
Fender Stage 1000