Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: P series manual inquiry  (Read 11121 times)

Offline audient277

P series manual inquiry
« on: April 18, 2006, 03:03:13 PM »
Why isn't there a manual for the current P series? There should be a manual for any mechanical product be it guitar or otherwise. The online manual is for older and discontinued models, and is more of a broshure at best.

Is it really too costly for a manufacturer to produce a manual to include with their product? Even my el cheapo I***** guitar included a detailed manual.

This forum is great and very informative, but I pity the Parker customer without web access who needs help with their new guitar.

P series manual inquiry

Offline sfw

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 03:40:49 PM »
I would not disagree that having a nice manual for each product would be a good thing.

However, being an owner of 4 P-Series guitars, there hasn't been anything to "figure out" about them. Who doesn't know how to push /pull coil taps, flip switches and restring their guitar. If you're trying to set one up and need a manual, you probably couldn't set it up very well anyway. I know I couldn't until I bought a good book on guitar setups, but that was true for my fenders too. The current PSeries manual also covers well the piezo, so I never found that a problem either. It's guitar, not a computer program, how much is there to cover? Is it a minor inconvience, sure, but not really a hassle.

- Scott

P6 Black (on its way)
PM10; PM20;
Franken-Fenders
Mackie SRM350
Randall RM4,RT2/50 (1086, Clean, TopBoost)
Genz-Benz G-Flex 212
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

P series manual inquiry

Offline kwill

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 04:44:16 PM »
Scott,

I tend to agree with you in the abstract, i.e. it is relatively easy to figure out how to operate and maintain a guitar and, once you do, who needs a manual?  On the other hand...I have played guitar for over 40 years--exclusively acoustic.  I bought a $1,500 Parker NiteFLY as my first ever electric and was a bit perplexed at first.  All the references (web site, PDF manual, PDF spec sheet, hang tag in case) contradicted themselves on the basic controls.  There was NO manual included and the nicely printed hang tag IS COMPLETELY WRONG on how the guitar's controls work.  The downloadable PDF files are quite out-of-date and incomplete.  Maybe I'm an exception.  I do love the guitar.  But this sort of thing tends to demonstrate a lack of care or an arrogance or something that is not very customer oriented.  At the same time I bought my Parker I bought my 8 year old son a Fender Squire Strat and it came with a small but very nice, accurate little manual on all the controls, adjustments, care/maintenance, etc.  It cost $150.  Just my $0.02.

Kevin

P series manual inquiry

Offline JPage

• http://www.parkerguitars.com
P series manual inquiry
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »
What year is your NiteFly?

John

P series manual inquiry

Offline kwill

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 08:44:06 PM »
Well, I'm not sure I've got the serial number encoding figured out, but I think it is a 2006 guitar.  The serial number is 0206004.

P series manual inquiry

Offline kurrykid

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 08:54:17 PM »
It's not just about "Who doesn't know how to push /pull coil taps, flip switches and restring their guitar"...how about explaining what the different positions of the knobs and switches do?  Why would it be assumed that someone buying the guitar would know this?  Is a Parker guitar only for an experienced guitar player?  If so, then why the low end end P10 & P20's...they do not come with a manual.

I think the guitars should come with a manual, with no exceptions.  I cannot think of anything I have bought over the past 10 years that was electric based that did not come with a manual.  And yes, some of us may need an explanation of what each position of the knob/switch does.

Dave

PM20, QB
Black P6E...very soon :-)
Dave

TTB DF
"Calvary Fly" Custom Mojo Single Cut
PM20, QB
Black P6E

P series manual inquiry

Offline ChicagoKid

• http://www.USCustomShop.com
P series manual inquiry
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 10:34:58 PM »
Granted, a manual could only help people out with their latest purchase. Most might not need one and just throw it away. However, the one's that do deserve something along those lines. The "hang tags" on the P-Series are helpful. They're not helpful if dealers are tossing them out when they unbox guitars. If you visit most guitar shops you'll notice that the large majority only hang the price tag. Nothing else. Parker players "in the know" are fortunate to have a forum like this where the members are willing to share their never ending knowledge & patience with those who need a little help. The help is also delivered in a very classy manner without making anyone feel less of a Parker enthusiast because they don't have all the answers. Mucho Kudos to all of you who share your wisdom and time with your fellow Parker fan. Cheers!

www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>
www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>

P series manual inquiry

Offline kurrykid

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 11:14:23 PM »
Well said CK...I appreciate everyone's help as well.

Dave

PM20, QB
Black P6E...very soon :-)
Dave

TTB DF
"Calvary Fly" Custom Mojo Single Cut
PM20, QB
Black P6E

P series manual inquiry

Offline JPage

• http://www.parkerguitars.com
P series manual inquiry
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 08:31:35 AM »
Kwill, if you bought the guitar new then the Dealer should have provided you with the manual.  What model did you purchase?  Let me know by email and I'll send you the PDF.  If you include your mailing address, I'll have one sent to you as well.

John

P series manual inquiry

Offline kwill

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 09:17:39 AM »
John,
Thank you very much.  Email on its way.
Kevin

P series manual inquiry

Offline audient277

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 01:44:37 PM »
Regarding hang tags: my P-44 didn't have one(not even a price tag), and I bought it from an authorized dealer. What I did get was a registration card and a "vinci" strings tag, but that's it. Thankfully, there is this forum.

P series manual inquiry

Offline sfw

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 01:58:28 PM »
Hey everyone. Please don't forget I did agree that it would be good to have an updated manual :) I would always prefer such! My only thought was the P-Series (not others) were really just not that tough to figure out. You can hear the differences with the toggles and the current manual does explain about stereo and piezo for those that are so equiped. Personally, I don't understand how you couldn't at least have an updated manual online, even if you couldn't get them printed and to the factory or dealers for inclusion with the guitars. But that's just me, writing always came easily.

- Scott

P6 Black (on its way)
PM10; PM20;
Franken-Fenders
Mackie SRM350
Genz-Benz G-Flex 212
- Scott

Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

P series manual inquiry

Offline jamrcat

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 12:50:51 PM »
My P-36 came with a sound demo guide which was excellent. Unfortunately I found this out after I had taken the guitar out of the gig bag, plugged it in and after awhile commented to my wife I thought something was wrong. I changed the battery replaced cords and finally my wife said: "did you read this?" Sure enough everything worked correctly except me!!! I think it would be great to have a P-36 PDF at the parker site that was accurate because the P series manual that is there is certainly not reflective of my P-36 being the controls are configured differently than the older models. Certainly someone at Parker could take a few hours and construct one for us new Parker users that need a little help getting started! Especially those who did not find their P-36 Sound Demo Guide!

Parker P36 (Red)
Adamas II 1982
Washburn RS-10V 1987
Fender Tele USA 1998
Korg AX1500G Toneworks
"A Fly for each hand!"

P series manual inquiry

Offline sfw

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 01:08:09 PM »
hey jamrcat. Scan the sound guide and post it here if you can.

- Scott

P6 Black (on its way)
PM10; PM20;
Franken-Fenders
Mackie SRM350
Genz-Benz G-Flex 212
- Scott

P series manual inquiry

Offline jamrcat

P series manual inquiry
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 01:14:42 PM »
I would love to do that but I don't have a scanner at home, only at work. My office is 30 miles away and I don't expect to go in until Friday. I'll be happy to do it then, Sorry!

Parker P36 (Red)
Adamas II 1982
Washburn RS-10V 1987
Fender Tele USA 1998
Korg AX1500G Toneworks
"A Fly for each hand!"