Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: weird neck  (Read 2499 times)

Offline pfly

weird neck
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:15:24 PM »
Has anyone out there had problems with their neck? My fly neck has a pretty good "dip" in it between fret 1 and 7. It is almost impossible to set it up with low action. I'm thinkin' about selling it due to the weird neck. I have had three different set up guys in Dallas look at it and they wonder how it even left the factory. The bass is everything I have been looking for as far as tone, weight and electronics. I play in a "high tone" corporate band and the Parker is prefect but the weird neck has driven me back to the Fender Jazz. Any help out there? Should I send it back to the factory? Any help is great. I really want to keep this bass!!!
Thanks-Marshall

weird neck

Offline JSanta

weird neck
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:28:48 PM »
It sounds like the truss rod needs to be tightened a little bit, but I would take it to your tech to make sure.  And btw, welcome to the forum!

/jim

"Do not speak.  Unless it improves on silence."
           -Buddha

weird neck

Offline 908ssp

weird neck
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »
Send it back. If it is a manufacturing defect Parker will stand by it. [^]

Alex
2005 Parker Mojo: 1996 Parker Fly Deluxe: 1998 Parker Fly Classic: 2005 Fly Bass: 2005 Emerald Acoustic X10
1968 Marshall JMP50: 1982 Boogie MKIIC+: 2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

weird neck

Offline pfly

weird neck
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 06:12:22 PM »
Thanks for the response! I was told by a local set up guy (he is the best bass set up guy in Dallas) that the neck is funky. What is the best way to talk with someone from Parker? I have tried 3 times in the past year via email and phone with no response. BTW-thanks for the welcome! Thanks again-Marshall

weird neck

Offline loumt123

weird neck
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 07:00:07 PM »
John P. is on this forum frequently and he will more then gladly guide you. If you look throughout the forums i think you can find his member name and email him directly.

weird neck

Offline Nigel Tufnel

weird neck
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 10:07:31 AM »
What he said-
John Page is a great starting point, and is definitely the head mover & shaker at the Parker division of USM. Sometimes it takes a bit of persistence with the customer service guys; it took me more than three tries in a day to get the message across that I was going to talk with someone there, but once I DID get a warm body on the phone, satisfaction was swift.
Best of luck,
Nigel

Owner/Operator:
'02 Nitefly SA, P42, & PM20 Pro  
Trace Elliot & Line 6 amps
"Never, EVER buy weed from Lando Calrissian."

Artist Trans Cherry Burst, Blue Gator P-38, Carvin 12-String Quilt, and a whole bunch of Kiesel customs, in hopes that Parker someday gets their $#!T together again.

weird neck

Offline briancutts

• http://www.tomfooleryrocks.com
weird neck
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 07:05:59 PM »
I have my Mojo Bass at Parker now for the same problem, it took 5 weeks for them to look at it and they have told me it the bass was going to be replaced. I am still waiting, that was a couple weeks ago and have not heard back yet, they said end of April or start of May[xx(]
I will let you know the outcome.
Brian

quote:
Originally posted by pfly

Has anyone out there had problems with their neck? My fly neck has a pretty good "dip" in it between fret 1 and 7. It is almost impossible to set it up with low action. I'm thinkin' about selling it due to the weird neck. I have had three different set up guys in Dallas look at it and they wonder how it even left the factory. The bass is everything I have been looking for as far as tone, weight and electronics. I play in a "high tone" corporate band and the Parker is prefect but the weird neck has driven me back to the Fender Jazz. Any help out there? Should I send it back to the factory? Any help is great. I really want to keep this bass!!!
Thanks-Marshall

Kubicki X Factor
Rick 4003
Music Man S.U.B.
Parker Mojo Bass
Trace Elliot / Eden and Sansamp 4 tone

weird neck

Offline JPage

• http://www.parkerguitars.com
weird neck
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »
Please do...