Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quality Control & Parker  (Read 8130 times)

Offline loumt123

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 10:59:52 AM »
don't get me wrong, im certainly not saying all are bad of course. But I mean to buy 5 guitars and find out all have a problem...thats a combination of really bad luck and some QC issues.
    At the beggining of the US music takeover it seemed that they were still using the high quality components they always have used...I noticed some more changes when the toggle switches changed (yes, i noticed something as stupid as that..no black ring around the base of the toggle, and for some people it seems like these new toggle switches are not as reliable as the old). But to me it just looks like some cost cutting to save a few pennies for US music, and it's hurting the quality of the guitar...and in the end i don't think it's really worth it.

And I would love to own a brand, spankin' new parker, but it just seems theres been a 50 50 chance youre getting an awesome guitar, or a dud..and who wants to buy a guitar and find out its problematic...not a fun experience...ive been there with PLENTY of gear [V] And it's even more scary when you order a custom instrument, one of a kind, made especially for you, and it arrives with problems. We'll see how things shape up in the future.

And Ps. Thanks for understanding and not thinking i'm bashing on parker, or complaining..because I'm not trying to do either of the two.

Quality Control & Parker

Offline trap

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 11:29:03 AM »
peter, you brought up a point about the guitar center staff not being able to sell the guitars. i can't tell you how many times i've asked a salesman about a piece of equiptment only to be told ,"well, im not familiar with how that works". same thing with parkers,years ago i was interested in one,i'm talking 1995-96, and the salesman couldn't tell me how it worked. now imagine if he hooked me up to a p.a. and an amp and demonstrated what it could do? sold! i had to educate myself. thats not selling.i guess my point is that complicated things need to be explained to people to show their potential.as far as the other stuff goes,i still don't see why it's so difficult to get the final inspectors to do  the call as to whether or not the guitar is up to snuff.maybe it's harder than i think.

Quality Control & Parker

Offline loumt123

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 09:04:27 PM »
That's another one of my points. Are the people inspecting these guitars familiar with parkers? Or are faulty guitars both knowingly, and unknowingly being passed because the inspectors are not educated on the instrument, or just because they are lazy?

Quality Control & Parker

Offline Jason Davis

• http://www.JasonDavisMusic.com
Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 09:22:29 PM »
Gil is an AMAZING Production Manager (and human being), so I would be a bit careful calling him or his staff uneducated or lazy.  Although you said you do not intend to bash, you may be flirting with it when making comments as this.

Just trying to keep you in check, Lou, based on comments concerning your intent in a previous post.

I'm pulling out of this conversation as 1) I'll be out of town for a week; and 2) we all have our own opinions and can go round and round on this topic to no avail.

Jason Davis
guitarist/songwriter/producer
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

Jason Davis is a Parker Guitars, Emerald Guitars, Randall Amplifiers, Mojo Strings, and BMG Music Publishing Artist.  Join Jason's MySpace community at www.myspace.com/JasonDavisMusic

custom Jason Davis Parker Fly (coming soon) - Parker Nitefly Mojo Flame (cherry burst) - Parker Fly Deluxe (antique gold) - modified PM-20 (sunburst) - modified PM-20G (gold top)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 09:25:18 PM by Jason Davis »

Quality Control & Parker

Offline 908ssp

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 09:36:17 PM »
Hey JD in case you don't know you're argue with a 16 year old. Totally pointless in my book.[;)]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Quality Control & Parker

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 12:57:53 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by 908ssp

Hey JD in case you don't know you're argue with a 16 year old. Totally pointless in my book.[;)]

I had kinda guessed...

2000 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  *  1999 Parker Fly Deluxe w/DiBurro Roland Mod Metallic Red  * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Emerald Green (thanks, Jim!) * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. *  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Quality Control & Parker

Offline ChicagoKid

• http://www.USCustomShop.com
Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 02:35:21 AM »
Regarding Lou "CKY". Anyone that has almost 1300 posts and has displayed this much passion and devotion deserves an equal amount of respect as the ol' timers. Who do you think is the future for Parker players? Having such a young man with such enthusiasm on here with that much passion towards the product is inspiring. The world is changing and kids are much smarter than they used to be. I don't care if he's 12... cut him some slack, please.

www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>

Quality Control & Parker

jwrooker

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 06:42:41 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoKid

Regarding Lou "CKY". Anyone that has almost 1300 posts and has displayed this much passion and devotion deserves an equal amount of respect as the ol' timers. Who do you think is the future for Parker players? Having such a young man with such enthusiasm on here with that much passion towards the product is inspiring. The world is changing and kids are much smarter than they used to be. I don't care if he's 12... cut him some slack, please.

durn tootin'.  You're gonna sell more guitars to him and people like him than to oldies like me.  

To the others..don't discount his question.  I received a Southern NiteFly that I know never had a final instpection.  There is no way anyone professional should have allowed that guitar to leave the factory.  Not to insult anyone, just the honest truth.

John Rooker
Olde Pharte Guitar Hacker
Rochester, NY
--------------
Parker NiteFly M
Gibson ES335 Light Burst
Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst
Gibson ES135 Vintage Sundburst
Alvarez acoustic
Vox AD15VT, AD50VT & UltraSound AG50DS3

Quality Control & Parker

jwrooker

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 07:09:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by uburoibob

quote:
Originally posted by 908ssp

I had kinda guessed...

Bob,
No offense, here..but you said you have never bought a new Parker.  So, you have had no experience on how they are being shipped from the factory, right?  My experience is limited but I have purchased new one NiteFly M and one Southern NiteFly.  The M was a 2002 and was/is perfection in setup and build quality.  The SNF was a 2005 and among the worst guitars I have ever received in terms of factory setup.  I think it it a huge mistake if a builder depends on the end reseller to do a respectable setup.  All guitars should leave the factory set up to a standard set of criteria.  That alone would keep a number of faulty ones from reaching the market.  

Just from reading this forum and from personal experience, I have to feel that these checks are not happening at the Parker factory these days.  I'm not trying to be a problem but nobody should discount what is being said here.

John Rooker
Rochester, NY
--------------
Parker NiteFly M
Gibson ES335 Light Burst
Alvarez acoustic
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 11:34:41 AM by jwrooker »

Quality Control & Parker

Offline loumt123

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 08:49:37 AM »
Yes, maybe I am young, but I'm basing the discussion on truths. I did not know that the person who checks the guitars before they are checked was the head honcho. I was just simply questioning, since I did not know, if some of the quality control checkers I guess you call them, were educated on parkers. Sorry if I offended anyone. And I'm not trying to argue, just have a logical discussion. I've played out with my parker quite a few times, at jazz festivals, local gigs, and I'm always trying to promote the guitar..I get compliments on my tone and how sleek it looks. The point is I really want other people to get into parker because they make a great product..but if someone ever does decide to purchase one because i reccomended it...I don't want them to walk away dissapointed...I want them to play on the
same great instrument I am.  

All in all: I don't want to see quality control go down the chute..and if it means me rambling for that to happen...than I am sorry. Both young, and old, deserve a well setup guitar. If the instrument is being sold as a new instrument, I believe it should both look, and function as new. I have a great passion for both the instrument, and music and general, and I want everyone to be as satisfied as i have been [:D].

So once again sorry if I offended anyone as it was not my intent. I appreciate everyones views and outlooks here!

Quality Control & Parker

Offline trap

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 10:06:01 AM »
your an old soul lou.

Quality Control & Parker

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 12:17:50 PM »
John, You are correct, I haven't bought a new Parker, but I've played many. In music stores. Ones friends have. And of course the ones at the NAMM show (which you would expect to be perfect - but it's amazing how many booths do NOT have perfect instruments).

I guess where I was going is that all of the new Parker Flies I've played have been set up close to perfect. Admittedly, I haven't played any NiteFlies. I am more interested in the Fly models. So I can't attest to those.

Lou, sorry if I dissed you. I have a 22 year old son, and am fresh on the heels of having to gotten a good grasp of the way a 16 year old mind works. Yeah you have a lot of posts. Some points you make are good, but all pretty much indicate your age. There is a saying that you will use one day many years from now: Hire a teenager while they still know EVERYTHING. It's pretty much right on the money.

But that said, you are passionate about your guitars, and it is always good to point out where things can be better. My point was that comparatively, Parker has it over the other companies in out-of-the-box quality - at least the new US Music Flies I've played, which I guess would number in the dozens.

Anyway, my opinion is that Parker is doing better than the rest, but it would seem that they are working to get back to being as good as they were before the move, based upon some folk's opinions.

Sound about right?

Bob

2000 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  *  1999 Parker Fly Deluxe w/DiBurro Roland Mod Metallic Red  * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Emerald Green (thanks, Jim!) * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. *  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Quality Control & Parker

Offline trap

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 01:20:14 PM »
so bob, you can grasp a 16 year olds mind? god bless ya,your a better man than i am.but one thing not any of us can do is to question lou's dedication to parker. i believe he and many of us who have critisized do so because we love the product and want it to succeed.but the real question is,when do i become an advanced member? i'll keep writing till i do cause now it's a quest!!!

Quality Control & Parker

jwrooker

Quality Control & Parker
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 01:30:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by trap

so bob, you can grasp a 16 year olds mind? god bless ya,your a better man than i am.but one thing not any of us can do is to question lou's dedication to parker. i believe he and many of us who have critisized do so because we love the product and want it to succeed.but the real question is,when do i become an advanced member? i'll keep writing till i do cause now it's a quest!!!

I think it happens at 250 so you are almost there, Grasshopper. [8D]

Some of us can make critical statements and get them across without ruffling feathers.  Unfortunately, I've never been one of them.  What you said is perfect.  We are all concerned and I want a Fly Mojo, but I don't want problems, either.  Maybe by the end of the year..  

John Rooker
Rochester, NY
--------------
Parker NiteFly M
Gibson ES335 Light Burst
Alvarez acoustic

Quality Control & Parker

Offline trap