Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a parker poem  (Read 6393 times)

Offline DrJeff

a parker poem
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »
Fair enough! We'll take weight off the table, too. This is me playing the Ovation: ( )(|
Guess we Olde Phartes tend to get off the subject, too.  
'97 Nitefly SA
'78 Music Man Sabre II
'79 Music Man Sabre II
'83 Ovation Balladeer
Ampeg Reverberocket
Tech 21 Trademark 60
Crate CA125
Rgds,
Jeff

a parker poem

jwrooker

a parker poem
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 03:38:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by DrJeff

I am so depressed. I just hit five-eight today and still a newbie. All those years wasted searching for Music Man forums. Guess I'll call Dominos and remember that its better late than never. Life is good! Congrats, Trap!

If you hit 58 and you're still playing..God bless ya! I'll be 56 later this year.  Around 1998, I had a severe case of repetitive stress and had to quit.  I thought I'd never play again so I sold a nice collection of guitars.  Paid off the mortgage! After not touching one for a couple years, my sister asked if I could dust off the acoustic and play with her folk group at church for one Sunday as a sub.  I played that Sunday and the next one, too.  We ended up joining that church and changing that folk group around to an electric band of old hippies and we play a full service every couple of months.  I still have to be very careful of how much playing I do. I'll never get all the chops back but I'm enjoying it more now.  I got the crazy idea of learning Celtic fiddle last summer and after a few months, I was reminded that I should just stick with guitar and take it day by day.  

Music is a wonderful thing and it's cheaper than a shrink.

John Rooker
Olde Pharte Guitar Hacker
Rochester, NY
--------------
'02 Parker NiteFly M
Gibson ES335 Light Burst
Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst
Gibson ES135 Vintage Sundburst
Alvarez acoustic
Vox AD15VT, AD50VT & UltraSound AG50DS3

a parker poem

Offline trap

a parker poem
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 05:14:39 PM »
58? don't worry grasshopper,time is an illusion.now if your alzheimers will allow you ,grab the pebble from my hand.

a parker poem

Offline JSanta

a parker poem
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 07:31:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill

Wow, Trap, I always thought of you as way senior to me. (I guess I just speak more often, even when it doesn't improve on silenence)

Congradulations on your advanced status, but you were always advanced in my book. And I always had a lot of respect for your posts--at least until that last "poem" !  [:D]

BTW, you know about the free Fly they give you when you achieve this status. John P will soon come knocking at your door with a camera crew for a personal "surprise" home delivery. Usually they come around 9 at night so be sure to keep your hair comed and wear nice PJ's. Are you choosing the Mojo or the Supreme?

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo

Haha, thanks for the signature allusion!

/jim

"Do not speak.  Unless it improves on silence."
           -Buddha

a parker poem

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
a parker poem
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 09:38:32 PM »
Haha, thanks for the signature allusion!

Its a good one though I violate it often if not usually

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo
A few Flys in my soup

a parker poem

Offline JSanta

a parker poem
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 10:46:45 PM »
So do I it turns out!  I need to take my own advice more often!

/jim

"Do not speak.  Unless it improves on silence."
           -Buddha

a parker poem

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
a parker poem
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 07:01:37 AM »
does typing count as silence?
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

a parker poem

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
a parker poem
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 07:12:44 AM »
"Do not type, unless it improves upon a blank screen."

--www.Buddha.com

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 07:13:32 AM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

a parker poem

Offline alsguitars

a parker poem
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »
Keep writing...it's good for the soul!!