Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Girlfriends/partners  (Read 4415 times)

Offline dave_r

Girlfriends/partners
« on: April 23, 2005, 10:35:58 AM »
Anyone else have an experince like this?

I get my first fly, found her on ebay (no chance I could afford one new!!) and managed to get her for a reasonable price, I live in the U.K, taxation rates, shipping charges etc etc makes most instruments so much more expensive over here!!! anyway, I get the thing after waiting what felt like an eternity to arrive and once received I disappear instantly in a flash to plug her in and let rip. The glistening black finish reflects the light like a mirror, it sits perfeclty positioned on my lap yet seems as light as a feather.  I strum a few chords, the sound emmited sings and resonates like the morning song of the early bird!! It truly is a work of art!!! I feel a huge sense of pride and as i look up adoringly into the eyes of my beautiful girlfriend[:X] to articulate the wonders of this modern musical marvel, she looks back and utters the immortal words: "Is that it"?[V]

I was crushed!!![:(]

Why is it that nobody appreciates our instruments as much as we do?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 10:38:09 AM by dave_r »

Girlfriends/partners

Offline 908ssp

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 06:29:23 PM »
You are so right. [:)] I can't remember the name of those beautiful swords from Japan that the samurai used but my Fly reminds me of that. Every time I hang it up after playing for three hours I think how lucky I am to have rediscovered playing and all because a friend handed me his Parker. I couldn't believe how light it was how easy it played. I just had to start playing again. I make little improvements every so often and know it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for my Fly. I bought some other guitars that I always wanted after buying the Fly but they did nothing for me and I have started selling them off. I only play the Parkers. I have three and I can see buying more. I want a honey burst SC next and I might just buy one new, something I haven't done yet with any guitar. [:D]

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Girlfriends/partners

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 11:07:59 PM »
masamune?

Girlfriends/partners

Offline LaneOnGuitar

• http://www.laneonbass.com
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 11:39:19 PM »
Katana is, I *think* the longest of the swords. But I could be wrong...

And, I am proud to say that my lady, even though she isn't a musician, shows great appreciation for my instruments. When I brought my new PM-20 over for her (and her girls) to see, she was duly impressed, and they all say entranced as I put her through her paces. I'm a VERY lucky man...
Lane

You mean I'm supposed to play more than one note at a time? Oh.....

Girlfriends/partners

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 01:07:58 AM »
katana is the most popular japanese sword.  i mentioned masamune because he was the equivalent of stradovarious (to the violin) or parker (to the guitar) [:)].  the largest japanese sword i know of is the nodiachi (used to attack horsemen).  i believe though, that the actual swords used by samurai in battle were the tachi, but i don't know.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 01:32:03 AM by bostjan »

Girlfriends/partners

Offline JSanta

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 11:58:27 AM »
My girlfriend has played violin for many years, and is herself an amazing musician.  She has an appreciation for my guitars and my playing.  She even goes guitar shopping with me, and was the one who convinced me to get my Fly.  But I guess I am really lucky!

-Jim

Girlfriends/partners

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 02:16:10 AM »
marry her - NOW!!!![:D]
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Girlfriends/partners

Offline mbratch

• http://www.codekinesis.com
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 09:46:12 PM »
This is true. I almost felt my marriage of 18 years had reached some sort of milestone when my wife said to me last week, "I know what you mean now by a 'fat' sounding guitar and a 'thin' sounding one."

Girlfriends/partners

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 02:20:19 AM »
18 years?  that's quick......!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Girlfriends/partners

Offline loumt123

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 05:31:28 AM »
A friend of mine said my parker looks like a dinosaur [:(]. he plays a fender though so he has nothing on me [^]

Girlfriends/partners

Offline Gregidon

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 04:39:48 PM »
Can't feel your pain. My girlfriend actually completely supported me in buying my fly. She's awesome :)
Parker Fly Bass
Bass Pod Pro
QSC 1400
Dual Carvin 1584's

Girlfriends/partners

Offline Nitefly

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 04:06:40 PM »
I once learnt 'Everything I do' for valentines day once.

It ended, to expect some sort of mass 'I love you', only get a mere '...yeah, it sounds better on piano'.

¬_¬ Lousey girls with their handbags and their O.C. ... *rant... grumble*

[:p]

Girlfriends/partners

Offline Rozz

• http://www.myspace.com/slicknickelbandyuamaz
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 06:49:11 PM »
i let my wife pick the color of my Fly Classic which is Emerald Green, a beautiful looking instrument.  She thought it was a nice looking instrument.  She calls all my guitars "my girlfriends".  Guy's,  write a tune about your girl or wife and record it for her on a tape or cd so she can play it for all her friends etc., (make sure it's a goooood tune also)...she'll love you for-ever or atleast won't leave you when you make that next big purchase, if you catch my drift.

Jerry Rosner
Yuma, Arizona Mad Man
Jerry Rosner
Original Yuma, Arizona Mad Man
Emerald Green Fly Classic
P-36
Gibson Chet Atkins Nylon
Line Six Vetta II
Genz Benz Shannandoah Acoustic Amp.  4X10

Girlfriends/partners

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 05:41:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Nitefly

I once learnt 'Everything I do' for valentines day once.
It ended, to expect some sort of mass 'I love you', only get a mere '...yeah, it sounds better on piano'.
[:p]

it sounds lousy on piano!  you must have played a reeeaally bad version!![;)][:D]

(only kidding!)

Girlfriends/partners

Offline Nitefly

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 07:09:10 AM »
Hey, ignore the song, it was the thought that counted ;)